Part Two: Chapter 6

Five years ago

Ava's world

Ava's POV

"You better not walk out of that door," Sebastian called from the kitchen as my hand touched the doorknob. I didn't move. I just hoped he thought he was talking to the kids. "Ava,"

Fuck.

"I'm talking to you,"

"I'm just going outside," I lied.

"No," he walked out of our bedroom. Purposely without a shirt on. I tried to look anywhere but at his chest. "You're sneaking out again because you heard Ominis and I talking about a sighting of Isadora's ghost."

"I'm not," I said as I shamelessly stared at him now.

"Ava, you are eight months pregnant. With Twins," he point at my giant belly.

"... you can hardly tell," I lied again. He looked at me with a blank expression. I finally pouted and stomped my foot, "I just want to see."

"No,"

"But Sebastian,"

"Don't 'but Sebastian' me, Mrs. Sallow. Those babies will be here any day now." I walked up to him and put my hands on his chest as he kissed my head. "You have to rest,"

"Rest is for the weak,"

"And pregnant." He added as she smirked and kissed each cheek, then my nose, then my lips.

"Where's Anne?" I asked starting to get a little excited.

"She's out by the sunflowers." He said as he kissed my lips.

"Damn, that's too close," I pulled away and sat on the couch slowly.

"We can still try..." Sebastian said shyly.

"No, let's not chance it, I don't want to scar our children."

The door opened and Anne walked in but stopped when she saw her father. "Where's your shirt?"

"Your mum ripped it," Sebastian pouted.

"Mummy? Did you?" She asked seeming to be genuinely concerned.

"Not at all," I smiled. "He's trying to play a prank on you." She gave her dad a dirty look who in return looked guilty.

"It's your nap time missy," Sebastian said as he slipped a shirt on and picked Anne up.

"I Can put her down for her nap," I said as I struggled to stand.

Sebastian chuckled and helped me up with his free hand. "I'll do it my love, you rest."

He walked away with Anne leaving me standing in the living room alone.

And... unsupervised...

I snuck out of the house determined to get to the floopowder station. I knew I could use it to at least get close to where they had seen the ghost. I had to find out for myself. I had to ask why. Why she did what she did.

I touched the floo station and went to the auror office in London. As I landed I realized I landed right inside the office. Marc's secretary, Clara, jumped a bit but quickly smiled.

"Mrs. Sallow! How wonderful! Look how ready you look!" She smiled warmly at my belly.

"Thank you. I'm sorry, is my brother here?"

She blushed at the mention of Marc. "Ah.. yes yes he's here." She pressed a button on her desk and Marc peaked out of his office in the back.

"Ava?" He asked in a warning tone.