Chapter Five

"Who the bloody hell are you?" Poppy asked as a boy stood at the bottom of the steps in the map chamber.

He kind of resembled Sebastian in a way.

He walked up to us and smiled, "I'm Eleazar. Eleazar Sallow. I was messing around a little bit and trying to time travel but I ended up in a whole new universe..." he looked around shocked, "I'm so grounded."

"You're related to Sebastian?" I asked.

"Hold on did the keepers say Ava's last name was Sallow? I thought it was La Fey?" Poppy asked the portraits.

"It was." Eleazar answered. "Horrible last name if you ask me. Also yeah I am related to him."

"Are you a cousin or something of his?" Poppy asked.

"Did you say time travel?" I asked at the same time.

Eleazar smiled, "wow you two are so much like them. I'm not his cousin. I'm his son. Ava and Sebastian are my parents."

"What?!" We both asked.

"Yeah I have three younger siblings as well."

Poppy and I looked at each other still confused.

"It's not your Sebastian. This Sebastian isn't my father... I think. Look I can't get back for some reason.. Sara have you figured out opening doors?"

"Do you not have doors in your universe?" I ask genuinely concerned.

"No, not that door," Eleazar rubbed his forehead with his hand and sighed, "Anne is so much better at explaining this stuff. Doors are what we use when we travel through time. I had a history assignment coming up and I thought it would be easier for me to go back and watch the event. Except when I opened the door and went through it accidentally spit me out in your universe. And now when I try to open a door it's still your universe."

Poppy and I stayed silent.. probably because that made no sense.

"Okay, this is difficult. I'm just going to show you." He groaned and pulled his wand out. "Watch carefully," he waved his wand and a bright blue light shined as what looked like a door appeared. "Now watch. I'm thinking of my home in Feldcroft. But when I open the door.." he turned the door knob and opened it. We both looked inside and saw Sebastian's small cottage.

"You go to Sebastian's home?" Poppy asked.

"Well yeah but it's supposed to go to my version which is enchanted to be bigger on the inside."

"So you want to go home... but can't?" I said to him.

"Precisely, I came to ask if these four could possibly be of use." He gestured to the portraits.

"Our apologies Mr. Sallow, however, the only other person who got remotely close to what you accidentally did..." Rackham started to say.

"Was killed by you and your mother," Rookwood finished. "The only thing we can say is to keep trying maybe you'll accidentally do it again."

"So I'm stuck till I figure it out or my sister or Mum figure out I'm missing and figure out how to help me. Will you at least let her know where I am?"

"We will tell her if she comes to the map chamber. I promise." Niamh assured him.

"I guess I'm stuck with you guys," he smiled at Poppy and I.

"Uh..."

______

"Oh we are like actually stuck with him..." Poppy whispered to me as we walked for the great hall with an over chatty sixth year Hufflepuff saying hi to everyone.