Chapter Ten

*OG Sebastian above*

a few weeks ago
Eleazar's pov

"Mum? Are you sure you don't want us to tell Dad?" I asked her as Anne and I helped her into bed.

"No no, he's been so busy on his case lately. I wouldn't want to intrude." She waved me off.

"Well, Mumma he's like madly in love with you," Anne pointed out, "so im pretty certain he wouldn't mind."

"He'll just make me take time off work and I can't do that to Cerus and my students."

"Cerus asked about you today," Anne said.

"Oh all you kids are over reacting."

"Mum you fainted at school because your headache was so bad." I said in disbelief. "Please," I kneeled down at her bedside and took her hand, "let me do more research. I'll find out why it's happening."

"Eleazar, no. I mean it." She looked at both of us, "not a word to your father. I'm begging,"

We mumbled okays and walked out of her room so she could sleep. As soon as Anne shut the door she turned to me and saw me grinning.

"Damn it, El." She stomped her foot, "don't do it."

"Let's go," I grabbed her hand and we aparated to the school library.

"I don't even want to know how you're aparating into the school." She groaned.

"Good, don't ask." I shrugged as we both casted disillusionment and snuck into the restricted section.

When we got downstairs we both started looking at books. After about an hour Anne groaned and slammed another book shut, "Eleazar there has only been two other people before Mum, and one had her entire history erased. We aren't going to find anything."

I half ignored her as I kept scrolling through the book until something stuck out. "Mirror self?" I said aloud. "What's that?"

"Mirror self? Sounds like maybe a type of spell?"

I kept reading out loud for her, "ancient magic used to be able produce a very rare type of magic when it was more commonly used, and had also thought to been a way for ancient magic users to connect with their Mirrored selves."

"Ooo! Do we have mirrored selves you think?" Anne jumped a tiny bit.

I shrugged, "perhaps," I looked at the book again, "Ancient magic users are more likely to become ill or in some cases no longer to wield ancient magic when their mirror counterparts...." Anne watched my eyebrows furrow.

"When they what?" She asked hurriedly.

I looked at her a bit worried, "when their mirror counterparts has died."

________

Sara's pov

I felt my eye twitch as I watched Mr. Moon hang up the sign outside the great hall.

Winter formal for all sixth and seventh years
All houses open to attend
Must be a sixth or seventh year or accompanied by said years.
Christmas Eve

"Merlin's beard," I sighed.

"Morning! What- oooo" Poppy smiled. "How exciting."

"What is it?" Samantha asked walking up.

"No, shoo we still aren't friends yet." Poppy swatted Samantha away who rolled her eyes and walked into the great hall.