Chapter Eight

Telling Ominis that there were four random people in his undercroft was a lot harder then I realized it would be. He looked pissed when he came in the next morning and heard four voices talking to each other.

"What the bloody hell? Sebastian did you bring more people in here?"

Sebastian sat up, groggy, from where he had fallen asleep on the floor. "What? Why is it me?"

"It's because of me," Ava and I said at the same time.

"Sorry," Ava sighed.

"No it's okay. This is probably weird for you."Ava gave me a sad smile before laying back down on the couch.

Ominis seemed so confused. "So is someone going to explain?"

I walked up to him and lead him to the Corner of the room. "I know you are probably stressed,"

"That's an understatement. Why are all these people here?" He gestured in the general direction of everyone.

"They are just from another dimension," I shrugged.

"Oh 'just'? 'Just' Sara?" Ominis sounded like I was crazy.

"They got stuck here and they just needed a safe place to hide because they are being hunted... so is Sebastian... so am I."

Ominis's eyes got wide, "what do you mean hunted?"

"It's a dark wizard. I don't know much about him yet, but he's been looking for them for a while." I crossed my arms across myself while I explained it to him. Sorta.. I left the mirror stuff out.

"Why is he hunting you and Sebastian though?" he touched my arm softly trying to calm me.

"I may have tried to attack him when he tried to hurt Eleazar."

Ominis sighed and pulled me into a tight hug, "your brother is going to loose it."

"Uh..?" I heard Anne say to her brother as she probably saw Ominis hug me.

"I know. I've known uncle Ominis my whole life and only got one hug maybe." Eleazar crossed his arms and pouted.

"Idiot, that's not what I meant,"

"Guys," Ava warned.

Ominis sighed and had me lead him to everyone, "hello, I'm Ominis Gaunt." He said kindly.

Ava sat up and looked like she was thinking of a fond memory, "hello, Ominis, I'm Ava..." she stopped herself from saying her last name and just ended her sentence with an 'mhm.' "You've met my son Eleazar, and this is my daughter Anne."

"Hi," Anne said softly.

"And it's me Andre," Andre spoke up.

"Should we tell the school that you all are threatened?"

"No!" Everyone yelled at once.

"I'll figure something out," Ava assured him as she stood and headed for the door.

"Miss Ava, you shouldn't walk around, there are students." I said quickly.

"I'll be careful." She smiled as she walked out.

"She's panicking..." Anne said to El as soon as their mother was gone.

"Obviously," El added. "You are too, I heard you up all night."

"Uh, Nu-uh!" Anne stomped her foot.

"What year are you, Anne?" I asked her.

She grinned, "I'm a first year. I'm very smart though, Dad said I might skip a year or two."