Chapter Seven

"Are you sure you heard something?" Eleazar asked looking around from where he stood in the forbidden forest.

"I swear I did. It was a scream." I groaned as I walked farther in.

"Sara, this seems a bit sketchy." Sebastian added as he stopped next to El.

We had been studying outside in the court yard when I started hearing screams. Well Sebastian and I were studying. Eleazar had been talking.

"I swear I heard it!" There was another scream again and this time the boys heard it as well. "See?!"

We all took off running till we found what looked like a poachers camp. I could see the poachers but couldn't see who they were trying to attack.

"Look here girl!" One of them yelled, "just let us know where those mooncalves you let go went and we'll let you go."

"Like I'd ever tell you!" The all too familiar voice snapped back.

I stifled back a groan as I looked at Sebastian who looked equally annoyed. Samantha Dale.

I used my wand and picked up a barrel and threw it at one of the poachers knocking him out. I ignored Sebastian's 'wow' and took out the rest of the poachers with ease leaving Samantha cowering on the ground.

"You aren't usually the one who is trying to release magical creatures..." I said helping her stand.

She tried to rub dirt off her face and looked away as her cheeks turned red, "I was trying to do something so that Poppy, and hopefully you,would forgive me. But the poachers came back too fast." She glanced at Sebastian but quickly looked away.

"Well, you're safe now..." I mumbled.

Eleazar looked back and forth between everyone before giving off a soft 'oh... ew' Samantha's head snapped in his direction like she'd just notice he was there. "Who are you?"

"An exchange student." El said proudly.

Samantha quickly wiped her face again and put her nose up, "well, if you ever need help I'd be more then happy too."

"Oh thanks,"

"Maybe not, Samantha." I said to her flatly. "Just because you released some mooncalves doesn't mean I'm going to be forgiving you so easily."

Samantha huffed and started to make her way back towards the school. We followed behind her but at a distance.

"Am I being to mean?"

"No... but also you weren't even that mean to me." Sebastian pointed out.

"Well that's because..." I looked up at him as he smiled at me with hopeful eyes, "nothing shut up." Sebastian quickly looked at El confused.

"Well, I don't know what happened and quite frankly am a bit scared to ask so I won't say anything." Eleazar smiled.

"Unhelpful..." I sighed.

"I used up all my helpfulness with my mum I'm sorry. I have really cool magic thou-" he stopped himself as Sebastian looked at him. "I mean... im really cool."

"I like you self confidence," Sebastian nodded.

"Thanks." El sighed looking down at his feet.

We made it back to campus and the three of us just stood there in silence. I looked over to my left and saw Andre rushing towards me. "Sara!" He said quickly as he came up to me and started shaking my shoulders. "Something is happening!"

"Whoa... let's back up a bit." Sebastian said to him as he and El pushed him back.

"Sallow, not now." Andre said to both of the boys. "Sara, what ever hit me the other night my magic is different."