Part Three Chapter 5

Sara's pov

"He's been staring at me for ten minutes without an expression," I mumbled to Sebastian as he wrapped a small cut in my arm.

"Who?" Ominis asked.

"She's talking about Eleazar." Sebastian said as he kept focus. He pulled the wrapping a bit too tight making me yelp. "Sorry,"

"He did declare his wish to murder you earlier," Antonio said to me in Spanish.

"Ah, scary, but now totally unwarranted." I sighed.

"Oh he's talking about the killing you thing?" Ominis asked.

"He is, you are all taking it well," I pointed out.

Sebastian looked up at me unimpressed. "That's because we already said something."

"Oh, good." I smiled.

I peeked over at Ava and her husband as they whispered to each other silently. I couldn't see Ava's face but her Sebastian watched her like she was the only woman in the world. I caught myself sighing as I watched them.

Even though Sebastian looked at her like that I already knew what conversation they were having. Ava was probably saying she'd go, and Sebastian was probably telling her, in the most loving way possible, no.

"I'm going to go," I heard myself whisper out loud."

"Uh..." Ominis hummed obviously hearing what I said.

"My wand was destroyed," I said louder to the three boys. And not wanting Ominis to make a scene.

"How?" Antonio asked in a scolding tone.

"Ava and I have the same wand and we fired at each other, so now neither of us have a wand at the moment."

"That's so cool," Sebastian gapped.

"That was incredibly stupid," Antonio said over him.

"That could have ended very badly for you!" Ominis gasped.

"Guys it's fine," I sighed. I looked around, "may I borrow someone's wand, just for now as self defense."

"No!" All three of them said together.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "I'm going to check on Anne, you all suck."

Sebastian caught my hand making me turn back for a moment. "I love you, but you might do something dumb."

"Thank you," I said sarcastically.

"Sara," he said softly. "I do love you."

I sighed, "I love you,"

I walked over towards Anne and her family. She saw me and stood before meeting me half way. I looked down at her.

"El told me what you did," she said softly. I moved my gaze down to my feet, ashamed.

"And if you don't ever want to speak to me again, I understand."

I could hear her smile, "too bad mum already told him off for saying he'd kill you. She also said she knows Isadora put you in a tough spot,"

I could feel tears building but I was too embarrassed to look at her still. I felt her wrap her arms around me tightly. That's about when I broke down. I hugged her back making her laugh at me.

"You're going aren't you," she whispered. She hugged me tighter and I felt her slip something in the pocket of my trousers. "The thing I always say to myself before I fight is to 'fight like my father would' or in your case," she pulled me back and smiled. "Like your boyfriend would."