Chapter Tweleve

One very long grounding later it was time for the ball. I lugged my trunk back into my room with a loud huff before finally setting it down and laying on my bed.

"How has your break been?" Samantha's voice made me jump as I hadn't seen her setting up her bed when I came in.

"Fuck," I mumbled as my heart calmed down. "It was fine," I took out my dress and laid it out on my bed.

"A green dress? You're going with a Slytherin?" Samantha asked.

"I'm actually going with..." in that moment Anne opened the door with a huge smile.

"I'm so excited!" She hurried in holding her dress wrapped up in her arms. "Dad got me a blue dress! I'm sorry we couldn't find you a blue one."

I smiled at the second year, "it's okay."

"You're taking a kid?" Samantha asked which seemed to trigger something in Anne.

"I'll have you know I'm one of the most powerful witches in my time." She huffed and tossed her dress on An empty bed.

"A confident second year." Samantha sighed.

"She's Professor Ava's daughter." I explained, "Anne let's go find your mum actually.

"Okay!" Anne grabbed my hand and skipped out of the room dragging me with her. "She's probably with dad right now."

I noticed Samantha following after us but simply ignored her. If she followed us the whole way she'd just get weirded out at who Anne's father looks like.

"Did you girls get settled?" The older Sebastian asked as we entered the potions classroom.

"We did!" Anne smiled as she went and stood next to her father hugging him tightly.

"Whoa..." I heard Samantha's voice whisper behind me. "He looks exactly like.."

"Miss Dale." Ava walked out of the office and looked at her, "do you need something? Classes don't start for a few days."

"Oh..." Samantha's face went red as she looked back and forth between all of us. "No.. sorry," she turned and left making Ava snort softly as she walked up to her husband.

"Avs, don't pick on students." Sebastian cooed.

"From what I hear, it's deserved," Ava shrugged as she put some ingredients into a potion.

"What are you brewing?" I asked walking up to peek.

"Security measure for the dance," Sebastian explained. "With all the students there and the professors it would be a perfect spot to attack, and with Cerus," he rolled his eyes as he said his name, "and Laurent La Fey. Who know what will happen. Hell, maybe they'll both attack."

Ava smacked his arm, "don't say that. What if it happens now?"

Sebastian cupped both sides of Ava's face and kissed her nose, "my love, you and our children are terrifying. If anything happens we will be safe." He kissed her nose a few more times before going back to spinning the potion.

There was a small yellowish poof and Sebastian smiled. "Ah ha! I hope this works. This is actually a Garreth invention."

"A what?!" Ava and I both asked.

"He said it worked. I made him test it before I came."Sebastian shrugged.

"Sara!" I heard Poppy's voice sing down the hall. She popped her head in and waved at everyone. "Wow, I'm not getting used to hot older Sebastian. Some of us are going to go to Hogsmead and get ready for ball. Do you want to join?"