Happy Birthday!~Saki & Emu

Plot:Everyone somehow forgot about Emu's birthday,except Saki!(This is platonic)

Pronouns-Emu=They/Them
-Saki=She/They
______________________________________________

Emu POV:

-2:30pm,Emu's room-

I sighed,flopping onto my bed.I've been turning my phone on and off,waiting for at least ONE happy birthday message!Today isn't very wonderhoy... maybe my family left some presents for me!I spritinted downstairs,only to realise the house was empty.I saw a note on the kitchen counter.

-2:56pm,kitchen-

They're all gone.My sister has moved into her university dorms,and everyone else is on a business trip.I sighed,opening the fridge to grab myself something to eat my sadness away with.

Saki POV:

-Saturday,3:07am-

I was currently unlocking Emu's front door.They had given me a spare key,so I could come over when their free,but yet it was just quiet,except for a small noise.I shut the door after walking inside.The sobbing got slightly louder as I walked up to the kitchen.

I poked my head through the kitchen door to see Emu sitting in their pyjamas, stuffing their face with various flavours of ice cream while letting out muffled sobs.
"Holy crap are you okay?!"I call out.They turned to face me,tears still streaming down their cheeks.I slowly walked over to them,reaching to take the ice cream.They moved the tubs,hissing at me."Uhm,Emu?Whats wrong?You only overeat like this if you're upset!"I sat next to them,placing a hand on their shoulder.I snuck the vanilla ice cream out of their reach,but they just took the chocolate one instead.

"Everyone forgot about my birthday..."They said quietly,eating some ice cream with...the ice cream scoop?"Emu,eating this much ice cream isn't good for your health..."I said bluntly.I got up,guiding them to the living room.

Emu POV:

-12:24PM-

Saki had given me some presents!She even bought me a cute outfit to wear!It was a cute little knee-high dress with a bunny pattern,exposing my shoulders yet still having sleeves!I did a little twirl,showing off the dress."It looks better than I imagined!"They giggled.I tackled her into a hug."I'm gonna try to make today the best birthday you ever had!"Saki exclaimed.She had planned a relaxing day,fitting some games here and there.

"I WIN!"I announced.Saki groaned.I had beaten them in a game of monopoly!She shook her head,smiling."Fair play,Emu!"

-8:45pm-

We had changed into our pyjamas,saki had a simple Leo/Need shirt with yellow sweatpants,and I was just wearing unicorn themed pyjamas,nothing too special!

-9:01pm-

I was preparing our movie marathon!We were gonna watch Ponyo,spirited away,Kiki's delivery service, and one of the My Hero Academia movies!The doorbell suddenly rang."Ayo, the pizza here!"Saki chuckled,sprinting up to the door.

I was just finishing up when Saki came back with the snacks and the very little amount of ice cream that was left."Let's begin!"Saki striked one of Tsukasa's poses.I giggled quite loudly.

-11:24pm-

Saki POV:

Emu yawned,stretching their arms and resting their head on my shoulder."We haven't even finished the second movie!Don't sleep yet!"I whined.Emu rolled their eyes and rolled off the couch onto the floor with a blanket.Then they wrapped themselves into a blanket burrito.I giggled as they waddled back next to me.They flopped onto the couch,head resting on my lap,still wrapped in their little burrito.

A while later, I heard their soft snores.I rolled my eyes,turning off the TV.I shuffled around into a position where I was also wrapped in Emu's burrito.I pulled them into a hug,smiling slightly.I shut my eyes,falling into sleep.

-Fin-
__________________________________________

Author note:My breaks from this app are short,but whatever.I tried my best being half asleep!