chapter 13.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#13.

SHARON KHUMALO.

Me:And the phone call and private meeting with the lawyer,Please don't lie to me because I know everything,I just want you to.....
Bonga:I changed my will.

He says,I don't know what hurts the most.Him changing what's equally mine or doing whatever he did behind my back.

Me:I still don't get why you didn't tell me about your child and the fact that you don't see this whole thing as a big deal bores me.I feel like you don't trust me enough,I'm your wife Bonga and I deserve that much respect.

Bonga:I know and I'm sorry.

Me:I've never been a hard person.You know it,I had to sacrifice a lot to be with you.You doing all this behind my back simply shows how you don't trust me enough to tell me your problems so we deal with them together.We could've dealt with the matter of your child as Husband and wife but no you don't trust me enough for such responsibility.

Bonga:I dated Thandiwe for two years before she got pregnant,she was still in high school at that time and I was doing my first year in varsity.When she told me she is pregnant I got very scared and stressed because at that time my family was going through a lot ,my mom to be specific.I blocked her from everywhere and she couldn't reach me by the time her family went to our home we had long moved.I didn't feel guilty at all untill o found out I'm sick, all thought off everyday was her.I was planning on telling you before the end of this week.

I don't know if I should believe him or what but he sounds genuine.

Me:In everything you've said I still don't get why you never told he about your child.She happed before our marriage and hiding Is just not on.

Bonga:I'm sorry for hurting you like this.All i ever wanted was to do right by my child.

Me:I'm proud of your for admitting to your mistakes and rectifying them.And about your will,I don't care what your write in there,it's up to your where half of your things go to but in all that I hope you remember that you have a child on the way.I will see you before your therapy starts, for now I need to rest.

Bonga:Thank you.I love you.

Me:I love you.

I said then pushed myself out holding my tears in.One might not understand me but what Bonga did is wrong.Him changing his will just made me realise that I shouldn't relax.Opening a private savings account and investing would be the first step to making sure that my future and my child's future is secured.

From there I will just learn to unlove him.I really want my child to grow up in a home where there is both parents but if it's a toxic one then he/she will miss it.

THANDIWE RHADEBE.

We ended up going out today,that's what's miss birthday wanted.I am just glad that I could make her day.

Thandiwe:(Laugs)You can't say that about other children Thando.
Thando:No Mama that child is a bully and she is not even good academically.uyangibora nje.
Me:Just ignore her baby.
Thando:Okay I really wish Dad was here.
Me:I ...

My phone rings disturbing me from what I wanted to say.Its Bonga,you should've seen how I rolled my eyes.

Me:Bonga?.
Bonga:Hello,I'm sorry For going MIA on you guys,where is my princess.

I passed the phone to Thando who was looking at me curiously.

Thando:Hello?.
Bonga:Happy birthday princess.
Thando:Baba?.
Bonga:I'm sorry for not being there.
Thando:It's Okay,will you come.
Bonga:I will not come today.
Thando:(disappointed)Oh.
Bonga:I'm sorry.I won't be able to,I might not be able to for the next couple of months.Daddy is going away,it's work related and you know i can't miss it.Please forgive me for just going without seeing you or even saying goodbye but i promise when I come back,you will be the first person I see.I love you Okay?
Thando:I love you too.

They continue chatting.Minutes later she hands over the phone.

Bonga:Thank you for doing so great in raising Thando.
Me:I had no choice ,did I?.
Bonga:This is the last call,My Brother Nkosi will come and explain everything to you.
Me:What's going on.
Bonga:I can't talk,Nkosi should be there by tomorrow.he will explain everything to you.Please don't scare my child.I already told her and I hope you don't change it?.

He said then hung up.

THE FOLLOWING DAY.

"In Jesus name we pray to you ,amen"

Bonga's Mother said closing off the prayer.

Doctor:The surgery will start in 15 minutes,I would kindly ask you to leave our patient so he rest.

He said facing the family.

Bonga:Please don't forget about what we talked about and please don't exclude My wife in every process.

He says facing Nkosi.He nods at him not showing his emotions.Sharon wipes her tears silently before slowly walking over to Bonga's bed hugging him.

Sharon:(Whispered)I Love you and I forgive you.(Smiled)Now make sure that you fight this cancer off because I know I didn't marry a coward.

She said before kissing his lips slightly.

NOLUTHANDO NDLOVU.

"I just hope you understand that this is not a permanent job as you are holding in for our employee who is dealing with health issues."

The HR said as she handed me the contract.

Me:Yes.
HR:We hope that we have a loving and enjoyable time with you.Please read the contract carefully before signing.You have untill next week Monday untill you hand it back.
Me:Thank you for this opportunity Mam.
HR:We have selected you out of many because we believe you have the ability to work and grow with us.Please don't disappoint us.
Me:Again,thank you and I won't disappoint you.

She nods her head before letting me out.It still feels like a dream.Life changing opportunities come unexpectedly, they said.

1 YEAR LATER.
.
.
.
.