chapter 20.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#20.

BONGA KHUMALO.

It stills feels unreal.Like I'm experiencing a deja vu or something.The moment I had with my father felt real so i can't tell if I was dreaming or i was really dead.

I haven't seen Sharon since I woke up.I am so worried about her and right now I just want to hug and promise that I will never leave her.

Ma'khumalo:Have this last bite.

My mom says,she is holding a big bowl of soft porridge that was brought in by the hospital.

Me:You do know that I'm not a child right?.
Ma'khumalo:You haven't been eating for months now.
Me:(smile)Because I wasn't alive,how can you eat while you dead.

She smiled at me before turning the other side taking out a small cloth from her bag.She is crying.

Ma'khumalo:Stop taking like that.You really scared us.

Nkosi walks in pushing a wheelchair   while talking to someone over the phone.

Nkosi:No I think you should just tell her.  and let her rest.She will see him tomorrow....Okay bye.

He says then hungs up before pushing the wheelchair my way.

Nkosi:Sharon is awake,she is still it good because she does not know.You should see her and take her out of the misery she is in.
Me:Okay.

I don't know what her reaction will be but knowing that she waited for the whole year for me excites me.

He pushes me out passing three wards before her's.

SHARON KHUMALO.

I have been starring at these white blank walls for some while now.I don't know how to feel.I actually don't know how I'm feeling right now,tired,hungry, sleepy.

All I'm thinking about now is my mpilo,what am i going to say or do when he grows up one day and needs his father.a single tear escapes my eye as I layed down.

The door opens and Nkosi walks in.

Sharon:What do you want Nkosi,You finally got what you wanted.Machines off and Bonga dead,I honestly don't have the time for you.
Nkosi:I'm sorry.
Me:Some one wants to see you,please don't panick.
Sharon:If it's not Bonga that wants to see me then tell that person to leave(Voice shook)I just lost my husband Nkosi,something you've always wanted,just let me be.

He looks down before turning back.I turn and face the other side as more tears rolled down.The door opens again.I don't have the time and energy for whoever who wants to see me,can't I grieve in peace for heaven's sake?

Bonga:Babe.

I know that voice.More tears well down.Im going crazy,I now hear his voice in everyone.I slowly turn facing him.

Yep,I'm definitely going crazy.

Bonga:It's me.

He says,I quickly get off the bed before gripping the drip off me heading to the door.I am not about to go crazy.Nkosi blocks me before I reach for the door handle.

Nkosi:It's him please don't go.

I don't even want to turn and make sure.

Me:(Crying)No,My mind is playing games with me.Please move(Voice trembled)I need to see mpilo.
Nkosi:You need to relax.Your mind is not playing games with you,you are not going crazy,it's him.

He says.I shook my head in disbelief before turning.The wheelchair is faced the other way,I can only see him from the back.

Me:(Crying)Is it really you.
Bonga:I'm sorry for scaring you Mama.

He says before slowly turning.With that grown up beard I won't say he looks good.he slowly stands up,I guess is a little hard since he has close to a year without standing.I move closer before buring my self in his body.He wraps his hands around me and the world falls away.I can't help but cry even more.

Bonga:I'm sorry for scaring you,I would never leave you.
Me:I thought you were gone.
Bonga:Never.
Me:
Bonga:Please stop crying.
Me:We have a son,I named him mpilo.He has been my pillar of strength through out these tough months.He looks exactly like you.
Bonga:And I can't wait to meet him.

We both keep quiet.I don't want to let go,neither does he.

NELISA NGOBESE.

Luyolo is not letting me in.if stress doesn't kill me at this point then nothing else will.

I have been moving around my room holding the ringing phone.This person is not answering the his calls.it rings untill it goes straight to voicemail for the third time.

Me:Danmit Man Mbuso.

I say before throwing the phone on the bed.

If I don't fix this now then I will lose everything.I move my hands down to my stomach.

Me:I will fix this baby.

Though I know this arrangement between me and Luyolo and how some boundaries shouldn't be crossed he has never treated me like he doing recently.Sooner or later I have to sleep with him.

I look at my phone thoughtfully before unlocking it with a smile on my face.His sister is my friend,our friendship is older than my marriage with Luyolo so she should be able to help me.The phone rings and she answers on the second ring.

Her:Heeee no wonder the weather is like this.
Me:(Smile)Gabisile my friend.
Gabisile:Out with it now,what do you want
Me:I..I need a favour.I messed up,really bad.
Gabisile:What happened, what did you do?.
Me:I'm pregnant.
Gabisile:I don't see anything wrong with that.
Me:It's Mbuso's Child Gabi and he is not answering my calls.
Gabisile:Hawee mah.
Me:You need to help me.
Gabi:Abort,there is no other thing than that.
Me:I can't abort.
Gabi:I can't help you then.I can't let my brother raise a child that is not his ,I love but not enough to let you do this to my brother.
Me:Please.
Gabisile:No.

I know how to get through her.With the three kids with different unsupportive fathers she has living at home while unemployed,it will be easy to bribe her.

Me:Your brother does not have to know.I just want you to convince mom to call a family meeting,that way i will be able to share the bedroom with him.
Gabisile:I said I won't let my brother raise another man's child.
Me:Name your price.
Gabisile:No!

She hungs up. I'm screwed.