chapter 17.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#17.

THE FOLLOWING DAY.

NOLUTHANDO NDLOVU.

I am meeting up with Luyolo today and I'm very much excited to test out this new baby of mine without feeling uneasy or disbelief.

It's now 10:00am and we are supposed to meet at 10:30.I'm late.

Me:I'm going out,don't cook.i will bring you guys food.
Lisa:Okay.

I take a last look of myself on the mirror before walking out. It's a 40 minutes drive from here to where we are supposed to meet so i have to drive faster.

In exactly 40 minutes I arrived, There is a missed call from him,My phone was on silent ,I didn't hear it ring.

I walked in the restaurant. My eyes scanned around untill they set on him.He only has a glass of water in front of him.I walk over and he stands up immediately when he sees me.

Luyolo:Hey.

He says coming In for a hug.

M:Hey ,I'm sorry for being late.
Luyolo:No worries, you smell nice.
Me:Thank you.
Luyolo:Can we order?.
Me:Of course.

THANDIWE RHADEBE.

I have to fetch Thando from Nkosi's house today.i don't know how i Will explain taking her out of the blue.Sharon said something that had me thinking the whole night.What if something really happens to Bonga,how am i going to explain it to Thando.I think she is old enough to understand now.

"Are we still on for today?"A message from Sharon comes through.

"Yes,let's meet at the hospital in an hour or so"I reply.

The gate is not locked so it's easy for me to just get and I know there are no dogs.I knock twise on the door before hearing footsteps coming closer and closer.Its Sivu.

Sivu:Hey,Come in.

She say before moving to the side giving space to step in.The house is quiet.she leads me to her Tv room before taking a sit down.

Me:Thank you.
Sivu:What brings you here,is everything Okay.
Me:Everything is Okay.something just came up and I'm for Thando.
Sivu:Oh they are still sleeping, I will go and wake them up.
Me:It's 11,how the hell are they still sleeping?.
Sivu:They must be tired from yesterday so i don't blame them.She was so excited about today, is that important?.
Me:Yes,we have to go to the hospital.
Sivu:For What?.
Me:To see Bonga.
Sivu:Won't that traumatise the child?....is she in the right state of mind to see her father like that?.
Me:Yes I.....
Sivu:Let's hope The image if her father lying there won't be stuck on her head.
Me:
Sivu:I will go and call her for you.

I wouldn't have came here if I didn't think everything she just said through.She is just being unnecessary with the information I already have in mind.

Minutes later she steps out with Thando who is holding her bag.No wonder she likes it here,They are living a solf life.Thand knows pretty well I wouldn't let her sleep untill this time.

Me:Hey baby.
Thando:Hey.
Me:We have to go,sorry for cutting your stay short.
Sivu:She can come back next week.

God!!

LUYOLO JACENI.

We just finishe eating now the moment of truth has arrived.i don't even know where to start.I have practiced how I'm going to break down the news the whole night.She looks at me as i take her hands in mine.

Me:I love you Okay.
Nolu:I don't know what to say but...
Me:You don't have to say anything,you can say something after I tell you what I called you here for.all in all just know that I love you.
Nolu:Okay.
Me:(Sighs)I don't know how to say this without breaking your heart but i have a wife with two kids.

She breaks away from my touch pulling her hands back.

Me:I'm sorry.

She has no expression at all.I can't tell if she's mad or what.

Me:Please say something.
Nolu:It's Okay.Its not like me and you are in a serious relationship or anything.We agreed from the start that it's a no strings attached thing.I just wish you had  told me because it now looks like I'm a home wrecker.
Me:It was an arranged marriage.
Nolu:Oh please.arranged marriage with two kids?
Me:Believe me,I don't love her.
Nolu:It's fine Luyolo you don't have to explain yourself.
Me:I love you.Please believe me,I could tell you how everything started but it's a long story.
Nolu:I have all the time.

I'm just glad that she is not acting out of character and making a scene.

Me:The company,It's my father's company.

Shock is written all over her face.

Me:Taking over came with a responsibility of marrying his friend's daughter.at that time I didn't care about anything but working and making money.I agreed to marry her hoping that I would fall for her when time goes by.another thing that made things easier is that I wasn't in a serious relationship.The parents were certain that we are in love.We had to make them really believe By having kids,we had to have kids to please them.There is nothing happening between, she even has a boyfriend.
Nolu:
Me:I just wanted to come clean while it's early.I really want to try something with you.i know started off as nothing serious but i love you,you know it babe.
Nolu:
Me:Please say something.
Nolu:I also like you but how long are you going to be in this arranged marriage ?
Me:Please give me time.
Nolu:I won't take you serious if there is still a women out there who calls themselves  your wife then you can miss me.
Me:I just need you to give me time to fix my things.
Nolu:This actually explains the whole reason for the Car,you wanted a way to get to my heart and a car came into your mind.I won't wait for you for forever if it means you taking your car back then so be it.
Me:No the car was a gift.
Nolu:Then call me when you are single for now,whatever arrangement we have ends.

She says before standing up.

Nolu:I'm sorry but I'm doing this for my peace of mind.

SHARON KHUMALO.

Thandiwe just got here with her child.Its a few minutes before one so we have to do this before the meeting starts.

Me:Did you tell her.
Thandiwe:Yes.
Me:Okay let's get in.

I say as I led the way.as always there is no difference, he still on the same position.

Thando Covers her mouth with her eyes stuck on her father.I honestly feel sorry for her.Experiencing a father's love for only 2 minutes is not On.

Me:Uhh Hey Bonga,This is my last try.I know that you can hear me.I came with both your children today.Thando and Mpilo.You really have to wake up and make it up to them.

Silence!!

Me:Thando baby,Talk to your father.

She shook her head holding her mother's hand.Im not blaming her, it must be too much.

The door opens and The doctor walks in followed by Nkosi and Ma'khumalo.

Doctor:Time up Mrs Khumalo,can we please have a word.
Ma'khumalo:Sharon my child.Let go.he has suffered enough in these machines.Let him rest my child....
Doctor:True,you Are wasting your time and money by keeping him here.I don't normally do this but he is gone.

"Baba"Thando let's out a loud cry,My own tears are falling down.I should just give up,at least I tried.

I look at him again.I just want him to move.
.
.
.
.