chapter 45.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#45.

STEVEN NGOBESE.

I have been watching this footage for like an hour now.I don't know how long I have been restarting and observing everything that happened from the moment Nelisa walked in.

I have been parked outside the police station for an hour now,anticipating with my mind if I should get in and open a murder case but do i have enough evidence.After having enough time thinking i stepped out if my car before getting in.it is empty ,I don't think I will take long.

Me:Good day.

Officer:Good day sir,how may I help You.

I explain everything to him,from when Ma'ngobese said she will sort everything out to Nelisa losing her life.

Officer:I hear you,the problem is We don't have proof that your wife put something in that milkshake.

Me:The thing is,Nelisa wasn't willing to abort her child.She made it clear that she'd rather lose her marriage than kill her child.its no coincidence that she died the same day her mother said she will sort her out.

Officer:I hear you.But there is nothing that I can do,we have nothing.its her word against yours.she can say she didn't kill her.

Me:I just want you to question her,ask her questions.I know Ma'ngobese really well.She will easily give away if she did something.

Officer:We can't help you.

Me:I just want justice for my daughter,she was my only daughter and knowing that someone who killed her is still moving around happily.(Voice trembled)I will never live knowing I had the power to get justice for her but failed because if certain circumstances(teary)please.

The police officer looked at me pitiful.he looked at me then sighed before taking off a peace of paper from a note book he has with him.

Officer:Please write your details here.its already late.we will go see her tomorrow.

Me:Thank you.

I just want justice for my daughter.

SHARON KHUMALO.

I just put mpilo to sleep.he can be handful when he wants to.its already late so i have to start with dinner.I am cooking my favorite today.rice and chicken.

My phone rings from the counter.its an unsaved number.i don't answer such,if they don't want someone of a different identity they are calling from the insurance companies.

It rings again.its the same number.I wipe my hands before picking,it's quiet.Only the breathing can be heard.

Me:Next time you get bored please call a different number.

Voice:I'm still wondering why you didn't smack my son because you look and sound strict.

I can recognise the voice from ealier.I clear my throat and he chuckles.

Me:Zolani..Hey.

Zolani:Uya'phila Mama.

He's charming and not so deep voice has a thing with how I look at him.

Me:I'm good.

Zolani:I'm also good.About the lunch thing,the little guy here is feeling bad for what he did and he has been begging me to call you since you drove off.

The way men are so good with lies.you could swear they graduated from Varsity for it.

Me:Stop lying.

Zolani:I'm serious, he Is here,right next to me you can ask me.

Me:Please give him the phone.

Zolani:Wait(laughed)He just walked out.

Me:(Laughed)You are lying,he was never there and he never asked you to call.

Zolani:(Laughed)He did,he had to rush outside.Please come and join us for dinner.

Me:And what will your wife say?.

Zolani:We are not together anymore.

Me:Oh Okay. Unfortunately I can't.I am with son and..

Zolani:Which makes it all perfect.you can bring him with.

Me:(Sighed)I'm married Zolani,I can't.

Zolani:(disappointed)Oh Okay,he is lucky.

Me:I am actually going through a divorce   and I'm not in a space for going out on dates and I also don't want to confuse my son.

Zolani:(Softly)Who said anything about a date.we are just having a innocent dinner.

Me:I can't Zolani.

Zolani:How long am i supposed to wait untill you are ready.

He won't give up untill i say something that will be music to his ears.

Me:Let's wait for my divorce to be finalized.

The door opens and Bonga walks in.

Me:Uh I'm little busy with something.

Zolani:It's Okay.

Me:Bye.

He does not say anything, I don't know if he didn't hear me or what but i just hung up.

Bonga:Who was that?.

Me:No one.

I say before turning my focus back on the pots.

STEVEN NGOBESE.

Ma'ngobese is still seated on the same spot I left her seated on.There is definitely something wrong with her.she looks lost and Crazy.

I clear my throat and she turns and looks at me,her eyes filled with tears as she tried to talk but nothing came out.

Me:Are you Okay.

She shooks Her head repeatedly.

Ma'ngobese:Did you hear that?..Nelisa is angry at us.

Me:What?.

Ma'ngobese:Yes ,she is angry because we forced her to get married to a man she did not love.

Me:What are you talking about.

Ma'ngobese:She wants us to apologize or she will punish me,and only me.She is holding a shambork.

She looks crazy right now.this may be way more than craziness.

Me:You need to talk a bath and sleep.You are not Okay.

Ma'ngobese:She needs justice for her younger days.the ones she spend in a loveless marriage.

She is hallucinating.

Ma'ngobese:Or she will punish me,Only me.
.
.