chapter 38.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#38.

Doctor:There were complications while we were cleaning her up.im sorry but the acid might have done more than just terminating the baby.

Ma'ngobese:What are you saying doctor.

Doctor:I'm sorry but we lost her.

Ma'ngobese falls down and put both her hands on top of her head.

Gabi:No ,Doctor.she was okay when I brought her In here,she wasn't even crying.she can't be dead.

Gabi says with tears threatening to come out.Ma'ngobese looks up still sitting down.her tears streamed down her face like a water fall.

Ma'ngobese:Iyooooo Umtanami.

She screams painfully.Ma'jaceni looks at Ma'ngobese pitfully,she has never lost a daughter but she can't even imagine the pain she is feeling.

Gabisile looks down before taking a sit down.her vision got blurry as tears burned her eyes.She never wished such to happen to her friend.she sighed guilt stricken,if she could turn back the hands of time she would and fix things with her.

Ma'Jaceni:Gabi,hold her.

She says looking as Ma'ngobese who just  layed down with her legs and hands spread apart,no Nelisa can't be dead,those words rang In her head as Gabi helps her up,her own tears falling down.

STEVEN NGOBESE.

I am looking at the old pictures.I have been feeling uneasy I don't know why.I feel like something in me is missing.

Ma'ngobese was supposed to be here,I was actually supposed to find her home from work.her phone has been ringing unanswered.i quickly put everything back in the small box before putting it back in the safe as the main door opened.

The loud cry from the living room alerts me and I rushed out heading there. It's my wife and Ma'Jaceni.this does not look good.what might have happened for her to cry this much.

Me:What's wrong?.

He asks directing the question to Ma'Jaceni.

Ma'Jaceni:I'm sorry it's not my place to tell you this and.....

Ma'ngobese:(Crying)My child...my child.my heart is breaking....Ohhh U Nelisa wami.

My heart skips.

Me:What happened to Nelisa?.

Ma'ngobese:(Crying)My child..

Ma'Jaceni:We lost her.

She says before comforting Ma'ngobese, explains the crying but i don't believe it.Nelisa was okay just yesterday so she can't be dead.this must be some kind of a prank.

Me:Can you please stop crying,dearth is a sensitive issue,it's not something you should play about.

Ma'Jaceni:She is gone.Im sorry.

With the way my wife is crying,it's hard to believe they are playing.My heart breaks as I thought of Nelisa.No she can't be dead.

I look at my wife who is crying helplessly and my own eyes warm up.Nelisa does not deserve to die,she is still young and has so much she still needs to do in this world.

NOLUTHANDO NDLOVU.

We are on our way home.I am driving using my car and Luyolo is using he's behind me.

I can see Andile chilling next to his house looking at mine.He stands in immediately when he sees me driving close.i have been avoiding him since the last time he helped me move.i really didn't like what he did that day.

I pull up and step out.he steps out of his yard before walking over to me.

Me:Please don't come close.My boyfriend is here.

Andile:He doesn't owe you eh.

Me:Please I don't want any drama,I don't like what you did the other day.

Andile:Then why didn't you stop Me?.

He asks With a smile on his face.he actually caught me off guard.Luyolo hugs me from the back.

Andile:Sure sure my bra.

Luyolo:Hey.

He says still behind me.

Luyolo:Let's get in.we have a lot to catch up on.Okay he sounds jealous.

Andile:Treat her good bra,remember she has nothing holding her to you.as long as her finger is still bare,then we have a chance.One mistake we are in.

Luyolo:There is definitely something holding her to me,trust me.

Me:Okay.Babe this neighbour.Now can we please get in.

Andile chuckles before turning back to his yard.Luyolo looks at me silently before opening the gate.I get back in my car and drive in and he drives behind.this yard is huge enough to accommodate both our cars.

First thing is opening the Windows letting the fresh air in.my feets are killing me,wearing heels for long hours is no joke.luyolo walks in still looking around.

Luyolo:Nice house.

Me:Thank you.

Luyolo:Who helped you move,looks like it was a lot of work?.

Me:I..It's Andile.

Luyolo:Your neighbour.

Me:He was available and he offered to help.I wouldn't have finished or handled all this alone.

Luyolo:Okay.

Me:(Smiled)And how about ,I give you a massage?.

Luyolo:Don't worr.....

His phone rings before he could finish what he was saying.

Luyolo:Hello?.

The conversation goes on for about a minute.his face has changed. I'm getting worried.

Me:Are you Okay?.

Luyolo:No..I..Nelisa is dead.

What??.

Me:What happened?.

Luyolo:(sighed)She had a miscarriage which led to her losing her life.

Me:She was pregnant?.

I ask obviously shocked.

Luyolo:I have to go.

Me:Go where?..

Luyolo:Home,They need me.

He says before rushing out distracted.minutes later his car drives out.

I don't know what hurts the most,him leaving me here because of her or him actually being distracted and hurt over her dearth,she was also pregnant.did he even send the divorce papers or he was just fooling Me?.

Me:(heart broke)How could I be so stupid.
.
.