chapter 18.

UNDER HIS SHADE.

#18.

SHARON KHUMALO.

"Baba"Thando let's out a loud cry,My own tears are falling down.I should just give up,at least I tried.

I look at him again.I just want him to move.

Me:Can I please have at least one hour with him?

The doctor nods before walking out followed by Thandiwe and Thando who is crying hysterically.Ma'Khumalo steps closer before taking mpilo from me.I can see that she is breaking down but also trying to act strong.

Ma'Khumalo:I'm sorry my child.
Me:(Tearfully)Why is it so easy for you guys to let him go,is it because of money?(Voice shook)We had savings for such emergencies.
Ma'khumalo:I love my son more than anything but at some point I have to accept the situation.He can't keep on suffering like this,he needs to Rest.
Me:(Crying)No!!

She hugs me before walking out with mpilo.I can't help but want to find my self in his arms.A loud cry escapes my mouth as I lay my head on his left arm.Although we were going to separate after he wakes up ,I still love him.I spent so many years with him and he is the father of my child.

Me:I'm sorry for not fighting enough,I love you and I will forever do.(Voice shook)Thank you for all the good memories.I will take care of our son.

I say as more tears rolled down,with my head closer to his chest.

Minutes later I walked out.

Thandiwe is waiting outside with Thando who is crying silently.

"The switching of the meeting is scheduled for today at 19:00 pm"

Nkosi says walking out of the doctor's office.

LUYOLO JACENI.

I just came back home.Nelisa is moving around the kitchen busy with cooking.Im honestly not in the mood today.

Me:When are you going back home?.

She turns with a smile.

Nelisa:Oh hey, you are back.How was your day?
Me:Nelisa Jo,when are you going back home.
Nelisa:You know i need to go back with somethings right?..your parents are starting to get suspicious.We only see each other two times a year.
Me:I feels like you are attaching your strings in this arrangement.Nelisa me and you agreed that we are only doing this for our own benefits financially to add to that I gave you two children, what more do you want?.
Nelisa:I need one more,I promise after this one I will stay away.
Me:You are not getting anything from me, matter of fact I need you out of my house by tomorrow night.

I say before turning making my was up the stairs.

Nelisa:She must be really precious.

She says,making me turn.

Me:Who?.
Nelisa:I mean the girl who made you so mad that everyone must be mad.
Me:You don't know anything about me Nelisa.
Nelisa:Oh please,We both know there is a woman in your life.
Me:Stay in your lane Nelisa.

Noluthando is stressing me out.

NOLUTHANDO NDLOVU.

What was supposed to be a great day turned out to being a bitter one.

"I will fix everything. I promise you.i really see us going somewhere I just need you to be patient with me."

A text from him.I like him,no lies but i have so many things to be fighting for rather than fighting his wife for him or fighting for his attention.

"I Love you Mama and continue having a great day"another text from him.

I so want to reply him but he needs to see how serious I am.I don't want to ever find myself in a situation where I'm begging a man for his attention.

SHARON KHUMALO.

I have been laying down with him.The doctor, Pastor and the family just walked in.Thandiwe and Thando also follow,they have changed their clothes I guess they went home them came back again.

Pastor:Oh lord,We celebrate the life you give and bless us with.You have blessed us with the life of Bonga khumalo,you sent him to this glorious world for a purpose, he has run his race, did everything you have sent him for and as you please ,you are taking him life as a sign that he has archived everything he was supposed to archive in this world.We pray that you accept him as you have decided you want him next to you.

I feel like stopping him from what he is saying because it is all not true.Bonga hasn't done everything he was supposed to do in this world.He was supposed to raise his children.I will never forgive him for leaving me with such a broken heart.

Doctor:It's time...as per rules,Any family member is allowed to switch the machine off.

Silence!!

Nkosi:I will do it.

He says,this one is really boring me these days.One could swear that he is behind everything that is happening.

Doctor:You can do it.

He says.Nkosi sighs before stepping closer.He looks down before touching Bonga's shoulder.His tear drops on Bonga's Forehead.

Nkosi:Hamba Kahle KHUMALO.

He says before sniffing,he is breaking down.I thought he was the strongest since he was pushing this matter of letting him go.He moves his hand up before switching if off.

Ma'khumalo:Ohh mtanami

She screams crying. We all wait looking ,he still not moving,Bonga can't do us like this.the little hope I had of him waking us is gone.The doctor checks him up before turning around facing the nurse he was with.

Doctor:Time of death 18:45.

"Noooooooooooo"Sivu screams out.

My ears are blocked,I feel my chest closing up on me before passing out.
.
.
.
.