Chapter 28

Recap

I stood up and faked a yawn. "I'm headed to bed. Night guys." I got a chorus of 'goodnight's in response and headed towards my bunk. I climbed in and shut the curtain. When I closed my eyes, trying to sleep, I heard the laughter of Luke and Holly. I decided to put my headphones on and blast "Remembering Sunday" by All Time Low on repeat. I drifted asleep to my favorite song, and with the thought of my best friend on my mind. Is it possible I like Luke?
---------------------------------------------

Another Week Later

Nicole's P.O.V

Wherever You Are

The song finished and restarted again. It perfectly describes how I'm feeling right now. I know Luke is literally in the bunk across from mine, but it feels like we're so far away. He barely says anything to me anymore. And when he does, it's only to ask, "Isn't Holly amazing?" Or "She's wonderful, right?" Sometimes he even just rants to me about how 'perfect' she is. But that's not too often. And I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

And it hurts. So much. Because, I guess I should mention that the other day, I finally realized I like Luke. And have for awhile, apparently.

<Flashback>

I huffed and rolled my eyes. Luke and Holly were currently having an 'Eskimo' kiss. They're so annoying. They haven't stopped acting like a couple. Are they even together? Luke hasn't really talked to me so I don't know.

I glanced at everyone else and saw them sending daggers to Holly and Luke. No one likes her. She literally puts on an act in front of Luke. When he's gone, she's the biggest bitch. She even treats Adam like shit.

Adam even threatened to send her home, but she basically blackmailed him using Luke. She said if she went home, Luke would be sad and wouldn't perform at his best. Which, I hate to say it, it's probably true now.

And, you know what Adam did? He told me to fix it. Me. I asked why me and he replied that it was obvious I like Luke. Which, I've been questioning lately.

Since Holly arrived, I haven't gone one day without this weird, bad bubbly feeling in my stomach. And I'm pretty sure that's jealousy.

I came back to reality and directed my attention back to the movie. We're in the middle of watching Ted. A comedy. And yet, the two love birds are acting like we're watching the most romantic movie ever. Gross.

Everyone laughed at a funny part, but Holly and Luke who were cuddling. What was that? Oh yeah, I think that was my heart slowly cracking.

Is this how Luke felt when I was with Bobby? Though, I at least knew all my friends hated him. I was just too stubborn to listen to them. I was so caught up in him.

Before I knew it, the movie came to an end. Not that Holly and Luke were really playing attention. I mentally roll my eyes at that thought.

Ashley stood up, dragging our attention to her. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." She smiled, and walked out.

Maia stood up next. "I'm gonna get a drink. Anyone want anything?" She looked around as we shook our heads. When her eyes landed on me, she gave me a 'follow me' look. She then walked out, following Ashley.

I stood up and walked out without saying a word. I walked to the front of the bus, and found Maia and Ashely sitting at the booth.

I sat across from them and they just gave me a look. I looked down and stared at my hands. The silence continued, before Ashley finally broke it.

"What's up, sweetie? You seem down lately." She smiled gently at me.

"I don't know. I think, I may possibly, just a tiny bit, like Luke?" I said, in more of a question manner.

Ashley squealed in delight and Maia smiled.

"You finally admitted it." Maia smirked.

"Hey, I said I might. I'm not exactly sure."

"Okay, what makes you think you like him?" Ashley asked.

"I don't know. I get this tingling feeling when he holds my hand. I get butterflies when he hugs me. When he kisses my cheek, I feel this weird sensation left there. I feel so much happier when he's around. It's like his smile just kinda lights up my world. I can't help but smile when he does. I kept help but laugh when he does. And god, when we kissed. The sparks. Not even sparks, it was like millions of fireworks going off at once."

"Wait. Wait. Wait." Maia said, stopping my rant about my best friend.

"You and Luke kissed?" They asked in sync.

"Shh! I don't want the others to hear you. Geez. And yes. We did. On the night of the Halloween dance."

"Oh, my god! You were each other's first kiss. That's so cute!" Ashley squealed, again.

"Okay. What do you feel when you see Luke and Holly together?" Maia questioned.

"Absolute hatred for the girl. I get so upset because he used to do all those things with me. I used to be the one giving him his good luck hugs. I used to be the one that made him blush. I used to be the one to make him smile. I used to be the one to make him happy. It hurts that it's not me anymore. I'm mad that she's the one making him feel happy." I stared down at my hands, and looked back up at them.

They were giving me apologetic smiles. Ashley reached across the table and grabbed my hands.

"You're jealous. And you definitely like Luke." Maia nodded in agreement.

"I like Luke."

<End of Flashback>

"Wherever You Are" started again. It's definitely my favorite song of the boys. I'm not sure which of the boys wrote it. According to the girls, Luke wrote it and it's apparently about me.

I don't know if that's true, buys it's definitely a beautiful song. And like I said, it perfectly describes how I'm feeling.

It feels like our friendship is fading away, and we're just holding on to a lost cause. I'm not sure if Luke still likes me, but I know for sure I like him. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way but I can't help it. Then there's the lyrics, "You can say we'll be together, someday, but nothing last forever, nothing stays the same." Luke's feelings for me can easily slip away. I don't know how long they've been building up, but it certainly seems like they're gone. Now, I just have to prepare myself for another heartbreak. And I don't know if I, and Luke and my friendship can handle it.
--------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1138 words

A/N Nicole finally admitted she likes Luke. JS is definitely ending at Chapter 30 😭. And sorry for all the time skips. There might be a bit of a big time skip next chapter. Not sure yet.

QOTD:
Do you think Luke's feelings are fading away?

Have a good whatever time it is.
Bye 😀