Chapter 9

Recap

I walked over to my locker and she smiled at me. "Hey Lukey."

My cheeks flushed, and I smiled at her. "Hey Nicole. So, you and Bobby going to the dance Friday?" Start with a causal question then ask.

"No, you know him. He doesn't like dances." I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Well, I don't have a date either. Wanna go with me? Well not as dates, I mean obviously just as friend." I started to panic at my choice of words.

She giggled and smiled. "I'd love to go with you Luke." She then kissed my cheek and shut her locker.

I felt my cheeks heat up even more, as she leaned on her locker."What are you going as?" She asked me.

"I don't know. I hadn't really thought about that yet."

"We should wear matching costumes! You know, like couples do? They are doing that costume contest. We should enter." Nicole said, as she started getting jumpy from excitement.

If even possible, my cheeks reddened more from the mention of couples.

"Okay, what should we go as?" I asked her.

She thought for a minute, then her face lit up. She whispered in my ear, and I smiled.

"I love it."
------------------------------------------

Luke's pov

"We're all hanging out at Maia's place. You coming?" I asked Nicole as we headed for the gates of the school.

"I don't know. It depends-" Before Nicole could finish her sentence, an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Hey babe. We're going to a party tonight." Bobby said as Nicole looked at him.

My blood started to boil. I can't stand this guy. He just comes over and says they're doing something. Doesn't he know there's a thing called asking?

Nicole furrowed her eyebrows and laughed nervously. "It's a school night. I can't go. Plus, I wouldn't even go on a good day."

I mentally sighed at her answer. The amount of drunk, horny boys that would be there. God, I can't even think about what would happen to her.

"Come on. It'll be fun. I promise." Bobby wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in closer. My fists clenched and I gritted my teeth. Can't he take no for an answer?

"Even if I wanted to go, my parents would never let me go." She responded.

I could tell he was starting to get annoyed, but he wasn't gonna give it up.

"So we'll sneak you out. Tell them you're staying at Luke's house. He'd cover for you, right Luke?" Bobby asked as he turned his attention to me.

Nicole followed his actions and turned to look at me too. She had hope in her eyes. But I'm not sure for what.

"Y-Yeah. I can cover for you." I said.

"Great. Thanks." Her voice trailed off at the end. I saw a flash of disappointment cross her face. But as quick as it was there, it was gone.

"Okay, great. I have something you can wear at my place. Let's go." Bobby then grabbed her hand and dragged her to his car.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk towards Maia's house. I pulled out my phone and put my earbuds in. I started listening to "Remembering Sunday" by All Time Low.

***

The walk to Maia's house wasn't that long. Only a few minutes.

I approached her door and knocked. Maia quickly answered the door. "Well, what did she say?"

"Can I get inside first?" I asked as she opened the door wider.

I walked in and found everyone in the living room. They were all playing FIFA. We'll not Ashton. He's weird and doesn't like FIFA.

"Pause the game!" Maia practically screamed. Mikey quickly reacted and they all turned to face us.

I took a seat next to Mikey and Maia sat next to Ash.

"Well? How'd it do?" Maia asked again.

"She said yes." The boys started pumping their fists in the air, Ashley squealed and Maia smiled.

"So, where is she?" Calum asked. Everyone turned their attention back to me and waited for my answer.

So, I told them what happened. Let's just say they all got pretty annoyed and mad. It took me awhile to calm them down. But when I did, I joined in the FIFA game and we played till Michael, as usual, got hungry.

We ended up getting pizza and watching movies. We watched a few movies until we had to go.

"Anyone want a ride?" Ash asked.

"Nah, I don't live too, far I'm walking." Ashley said, and headed for the door.

"I'll walk with you." Calum said, and followed her out.

"I live around the block, so no thanks." Mikey said, and followed Calum and Ashley out.

"Luke? Want a ride?" Ashton turned to me.

"Sure. Bye Maia." I went out towards Ashton's car.

"Bye Maia!" Ashton called to her.

We got in his car and headed towards my house. We made small talk until my phone rang "Shameless" by All Time Low. That's Nicole's ring tone. I looked at my phone:

Incoming Call
My Bae <3

I slid my finger across the green bar and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey Nicole, what's up?"

"Hey Lukey. Can you come get me?" She sounded funny. I looked to Ashton and he mouthed 'speaker'. I quickly hit the button.

"Uh, sure. You okay?"

"I don't know." I looked to Ash and we both gave each other looks.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I feel funny. Can you just come get me, please?"

"Sure, what's the address?"

Nicole gave me the address and Ashton quickly drove us there. He pulled up in front of the house and I turned to him quickly.

"If I don't come out in ten minutes, come in please."

"Okay. Good luck."

"Yeah, thanks."
----------------------------------------

A/N CLIFFHANGERRRR!!! I'm sorry, I had to. Lol 😜

QOTD:
What do you think is gonna happen next chapter?

Have a good whatever time it is.
Bye 😘