Chapter 14

Amelia felt the blood rushing over her arms as she tried to rinse it off before more had formed. She exhaled while it all came to her. She knew that she wasn't the problem, but she didn't know how to fix it. Amelia saw as Delilah came into the bathroom with a washcloth and some disinfectant.

"This is gonna burn," Delilah said gently wiping it over the bruises and cuts as Amelia closed her eyes.

"Sorry," Delilah said.

"Don't be. I was warned. Against the disinfectant and the boy," Amelia said.

"When are you leaving him?" Delilah had asked.

The troubled boy next door seemed to hold many problems for the Hamilton family, but when Amelia fell for Noah Hunter, she made sure that she made the right decision, and now she doesn't have to. She didn't have to face it. But that made it worse.

"Could you come with me? I want to say goodbye for good," Amelia said.

"Of course I will," Delilah said.

That was the moment when Amelia Hamilton had realized what the one mistake was that she would make in her life. Amelia was indeed the eldest of the triplets, but she made decisions that were dumb. That same day after Noah had attacked Amelia, she went to break up with him. But months later when she found out about Eleanor's pregnancy and their relationship, it didn't help her to grieve with the loss. Amelia had hid in Elijah's old room for days on end, and when the time came, and Eleanor had set the rules up Amelia gave up. That was the day when she went to live with her uncles for a bit before moving to Montana. And now she was stuck with the same thing yet again. Amelia was falling hard and strong for Gabriel Hunter, and she didn't want to get hurt again, although she didn't even know anything about what she had put herself through.

Amelia had exhaled as she was getting out of bed while she saw how the sun had sat high in the sky. She looked around her bedroom as she saw the laundry basket full of clean laundry was brought back and she was forced to be faced with the reality of something that could be much worse. She quickly grabbed denim shorts and a pink crop top as she laid back down on her bed and grabbed her phone. She looked at the time as she immediately dialed the first number and the video came up.

"Hey, Amelia. What's up?" Delilah asked.

"I'm messing up so majorly that I don't even know how to fix it anymore," Amelia said as Delilah looked at her sister.

"What's wrong, Mia?" Delilah asked.

"What isn't wrong is a better question," Amelia said as Delilah exhaled.

"How can I help then? Let me rather ask that," Delilah said.

"I am messing up so badly and it isn't even a joke. The thing we joked about. That I would find my way into another man's arm faster that I could ever imagine. It happened," Amelia said.

"And it happened with Gabriel. Okay, what happened?" Delilah asked.

"We had come back from the airport and I was in my room. I told Gabriel about the one experience with Noah that made the breakup happen, and he told me he would always be there for me. And then I kissed him," Amelia said.

"You kissed him? Last I thought you were still too broken from Noah to ever fall for another Hunter. How did it feel? The kiss," Delilah said.

"Delilah, stop messing around," Amelia said as she sat up.

"Wow, Amelia, reckless shirt," Delilah said as Amelia pulled a sweatshirt over it.

"Amelia! I thought we've talked about this. Be reckless. It's your body, your choice. Pus we are young and damn beautiful girls as well," Delilah said as Amelia shook her head.