Chapter 40

Friday came and Gabriel saw as Elijah was running around the house trying to get everything done. He wanted to cancel the Friday plans that Elijah had made, but Amelia insisted on doing it. She felt like it they didn't do it; it would be worse. So, they were continuing with the original plans.

"I think we should have cancelled," Elijah said as Gabriel nodded.

"So do I, but if your sister feels strong enough to continue, let her," Gabriel said as he headed upstairs.

Amelia was brushing through her hair when she saw as the door went open. She smiled at Gabriel as she laid her brush down and he walked towards her. She threw her arms around his neck as he just smiled at her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"How you feeling?" Gabriel asked as Amelia just smiled.

"Less nauseas, more exhausted," Amelia said.

"Why do you seem stressed then?" Gabriel asked as Amelia looked at him.

"Because I'm scared. I'm walking the exact same path as Eleanor is walking right now with Noah and Noah isn't even there for her nor Hazel. What am I going to do if that..." Amelia said as she went quiet and looked at Gabriel.

Her mind was working overtime and although she knew that Gabriel would never do that to her nor their child. The thought was still in her mind. Gabriel looked at her as he walked closer to Amelia. He took her hand in his, as she looked at him.

"I'm not going to yell or be mad that you think that could happen, because it could. Anything could happen. But, I also want you to know that I will try my eternal best to ensure that it never does. I want to be here for our child. Through everything. I love you, Amelia, and I want to be here for you in this journey. I want to take it on with you. I wouldn't want to take it on with anyone else," Gabriel said as Amelia exhaled.

"I love you, Gabriel, and I know we can make it work," Amelia said as she hugged Gabriel.

"Let's take all of this on then," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled at him.

"Yeah, let's do this," Amelia said as she grabbed a cardigan and they went downstairs.

"What time is your appointment?" Gabriel asked as the two of them made it downstairs.

"Um... I think it's at ten, but they said I can come through earlier as well," Amelia said as she saw Elijah.

"Hey," Amelia said.

"Hey, how is everything going? Ready for this appointment?" Elijah asked.

After contemplating about what to do, Amelia had finally decided that she should go for an appointment to determine a few things. She wasn't planning on going for anything as soon as she did, but she needed to figure out what was going on.

"Nope, not at all, but I have to be ready. I can't postpone this any longer. I've known a week about the pregnancy now, so there isn't any use to try and hide it. Everyone is going to ask questions very soon, and then I want to know what's going on," Amelia said.

"Okay then, but don't try to overexert yourself, okay?" Elijah said as Amelia got a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

She noticed a slight bump as she looked at Gabriel. She didn't know what would happen nor hat she was supposed to do. She exhaled as she felt how Eleanor must have felt. Defeated and low.

"Hey, you're gonna be fine," Gabriel said as Amelia nodded.

"Somehow this makes it feel... real," Amelia said as Elijah looked at his sister.

"How are you guys going round this all? If all of this has gone a far way, things will become very different," Elijah said as Amelia nodded.

"It's the end of March. Oh, my God," Amelia said as she turned to look at Gabriel.

"Why didn't you say anything, Gabriel?" Amelia asked as Gabriel looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Gabriel asked as Amelia smiled.

"Your birthday," Amelia said as Gabriel smiled and laughed.

"My hell, she's right. That's today," Elijah said.

"Happy 21st," Amelia said as she hugged Gabriel.

"I think the pregnancy kinda got all of us thinking other things right now so let's wait until after today. Tonight we can celebrate properly," Gabriel said as Amelia just nodded.