Chapter 25

Amelia had exhaled as she woke up and saw the snow. She smiled while chuckling as she looked at the date on the calendar. She was officially sixteen years old and she was in Montana. Every year when her birthday came around, Amelia was glad it was the day before Christmas due to the fact that she would always have the day off and wouldn't have to worry about anything regarding her school assignments and stuff. But this year, she had wished that she did have school. She was in Montana between the snow while also being alone with Gabriel Hunter. Elijah was still stuck in Los Angeles after experiencing some issues with his flight and as it went on, he had finally accepted that he would not be returning to Montana for Christmas nor his sister's birthday. Amelia had shaken her head as she got dressed and heard her phone ringing seeing it was her brother and instantly smiled.

"Morning, Elijah, how is the LA weather?" Amelia asked.

"A lot warmer than the Montana weather. Happy sweet 16, Amelia," Elijah said as Amelia smiled and sat down on her bed.

"Thanks. I wish you were here though," Amelia said.

"Eleanor actually purposely cancelled my flight so I am so pissed at her right now I can yell," Elijah said.

"Don't kill her and the baby. How does our new niece look?" Amelia asked.

"Hazel Rose is doing well. She looks absolutely beautiful, Amelia. Like a devilish Noah version, but still cute," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

"I am gonna hope that Gabriel spoils you rotten today," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

"I don't know, I haven't been out yet. I just woke up," Amelia said.

"What's the time there?" Elijah asked.

"I think it's eight o'clock," Amelia said as she looked at her clock and nodded.

"Yup, eight," Amelia said.

"Good luck on today and tomorrow then, Amelia, and have fun. I'll see you, Sis. Love you," Elijah said.

"Love you too, Elijah. Bye," Amelia said as she ended the call.

Amelia had shaken her head as she had put on some shoes on her feet and went downstairs. She saw as Gabriel was down in the kitchen and the kitchen smelled like sweet vanilla. She looked at the goods that were baked as all she could do was smile.

"What did you do?" Amelia asked.

"Happy birthday, Amy," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"It wasn't necessary to do all of this. I thought it would just be a quiet day," Amelia said.

"It's your sixteenth birthday. No way it is just going to be a quiet day," Gabriel said as he handed Amelia a box.

"Open it up," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled and opened it up.

Amelia had smiled at the infinity necklace that she saw in the black box

Amelia had smiled at the infinity necklace that she saw in the black box. She looked at Gabriel while it seemed like such a huge gift to her. Infinity was something that Gabriel taught her when she was a young girl just wondering about life while he was well in high school.

"Gabriel, this..."

"Like it?" Gabriel asked as Amelia nodded.

"I love it, thank you," Amelia said as she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Who is that?" Amelia asked as Gabriel shrugged his shoulders and went to open the door.

Amelia looked at the necklace as she smiled and quickly put it on as she saw how a girl stepped into the house. She had recognized her from somewhere. She knew that and suddenly she knew where she had last saw the girl.

"Poppy, this, um, this is a surprise," Amelia said as Poppy looked confused at the girl.

"Who the fuck is this?" Poppy asked as Gabriel looked at her.

"Amelia Hamilton, Elijah's younger sister. What are you doing here?" Gabriel asked.

"I came to see you, of course. It's the day before Christmas," Poppy said as Gabriel quickly looked at Amelia.

"Yeah, and?" Gabriel said.

"Gabe, come on. Don't be like this," Poppy said as Amelia quickly caught what Gabriel needed.

"Me and Gabriel actually planned on going out for lunch later today as it is my birthday. But we can do something this evening," Amelia said as she went to stand next to Gabriel.

"I'm seeing my parents this evening. Enjoy your day with a child," Poppy said as she left the house and Gabriel exhaled.

"Thank you. She was annoying me. Come on. Let's eat then we can get started with our day," Gabriel said as Amelia nodded.