Chapter 21

"Gabriel!" Anna had yelled as Gabriel stopped by his car.

"You're fiancé warned me against this. I am not going to introduce you to Amelia. She isn't ready for people," Gabriel said.

"Yet you guys have her in school and she has to face you every day, and btw, you aren't family. Come on. I just want to meet her," Anna said.

"No, you want to go and judge the situation, asking her fifty thousand questions about why Noah cheated on her. The people who Elijah had introduced her to was the exact same. I'm not going to do that. Now, I am late for work, and if you want to discuss this, discuss it with Elijah," Gabriel said as he was off.

Amelia had looked how Elijah came to pick her up and things seemed different. She exhaled as she had put the radio on and some old music from Taylor Swift had come up. She smiled as Elijah switched off the radio and Amelia looked at her brother.

"I need to talk to you about something and with Mine from TS playing that is impossible. Do you want to meet my fiancé?" Elijah asked as Amelia looked at him.

"Why are you asking me that?" Amelia asked.

"Because I know she wants to meet you, but I don't know how you are feeling about seeing people," Elijah said.

"Well, it's like Katie said today before science, I can't keep on avoiding people. I can still do it with boys at high school who she wants me to have a romantic interaction with, but I need to meet the people in your life as well. Can we wait until after this week tho? I have a Biology test and I want to do good," Amelia said.

"Yeah, of course. Go ahead and do that. I can ask her to wait a bit," Elijah said as he heard his phone ringing and answered it through his Bluetooth device.

"Yeah, Gabriel? Aren't you at work or something?" Elijah asked.

"I am, but your fiancé stopped me as I was leaving. Is Amelia with you?" Gabriel asked.

"Yes, she is. Why did Anna stop you?" Elijah asked.

"Because she wants to meet Amelia, and us stating that she isn't ready for people is bullshit, because she was put in high school and has to deal with me every day who isn't family," Gabriel said as Elijah looked at Amelia.

"I just spoke to her, and Amelia just wants to get this test done and then next week, Anna can meet her. But she is impatient," Elijah said.

"Talk to her very soon then, cause I am not getting stopped again. I have to work. I'll talk to you later," Gabriel said ending the call.

"Amazing. Could you please dial Anastasia?" Elijah asked as Amelia nodded.

The phone rang twice and Amelia could sense that her brother was frustrated. And she could understand why as well. She was making it difficult for a lot of people, and even if Amelia knew that she had to take things as they came, she was avoiding contact with too many people which made her brother have to arrange things differently.

"Yes, Elijah?" Anna said.

"What the fuck about 'my sister isn't ready for people' was so unclear that you went behind my back to Gabriel about meeting her?" Elijah asked.

"She has to do with thousands of teenagers every day. As well as Gabriel so don't pull that shit," Anna said.

"You can meet her next weekend," Elijah said as Amelia exhaled.

"Why not this weekend? Why not tomorrow or tonight? Why are you hiding her from me?" Anna asked.

"I am not hiding anyone from you. Amelia is writing a Biology test next week and wants to study. That is why we are asking for you to be patient. You knew from the start that she wasn't eager to meet people. She even rejected Katie and Blake after the barbeque thing. I am not forcing my sister to meet you. So next weekend is the best I can do. Take it or leave it, Anastasia," Elijah said.

"Confirm a time closer then I'll see you next weekend," Anna said as she ended the call.

"I'm just causing drama," Amelia said.

"You are fine. You're more than fine. Anna needs to realize that there are boundaries and she can't overstep them. Trust me, she's done it more than once with me, but I am not going to allow her to do the same with you. You're just a kid and I will protect you with everything I have. Dad had put you in my care with reason so I am going to do my best to protect you and help you. Anastasia can back off for a bit," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

"Thank you, Elijah," Amelia said.

"You're my sister. Of course," Elijah said.

"But you and Anna are engaged," Amelia said.

"Doesn't matter. My family always comes first," Elijah said.

"Thank you then," Amelia said as Elijah smiled.

"Come on, I'll even see if I can help with the studying for biology. I am studying itin anyway," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.