Chapter 33

It had been one week since Amelia and Elijah fought. Two weeks since Gabriel had admitted into the hospital, and it felt like time was standing still. Amelia was sitting by Gabriel's bedside busy with social studies homework when she saw as the doctor walked into the room.

"Good afternoon, Amelia," he said as Amelia smiled.

"Hi, Doctor," Amelia said.

Amelia looked at Gabriel while she just wished that he would open his eyes. That he would wake up and talk to her. She exhaled as she pulled the blanket further over his body while the doctor was busy taking his vitals.

"He should wake up soon," he said as Amelia smiled.

"He'll wake up when he's ready," Amelia said as the doctor just chuckled.

"Yes, he will. Amelia, you are strong, and I know it is hard for you on many levels. But you will be okay. So will he," the doctor said as he had left the room.

"Something tells me everything will work out okay," Amelia said as she looked at Gabriel.

Amelia exhaled as she grabbed her history book. She wasn't feeling like doing a lot of things. Studying for a history test was the last thing on her mind, but she knew that she had to do it. She didn't have a choice. It was January and with all of that, she needed to get ahead of work. She exhaled as she pulled her backpack closer getting notes out as she looked at Gabriel. For a moment, she could have sworn that she saw him move. She looked around, almost like there was supposed to be someone else in the room. She shook her head, brushing her fingers through Gabriel's hair, as she saw his eyes opening.

"Oh my God, you're awake," Amelia gasped as she put her book away and looked at him.

"Hey, it's me. How you feeling?" Amelia asked.

"Like I got hit by a train," Gabriel said as Amelia chuckled.

"Not quite a train," Amelia said.

"Am I supposed to laugh?" Gaabriel asked.

"I'm just so glad you're awake. Are you in a lot of pain?" Amelia asked as Gabriel shook his head.

"I'm probably high on something tho," Gabriel said.

"Lemme go get the doctor," Amelia said as Gabriel grabbed her hand to stop her.

"What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"I love you, Amy," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled, bent down, and kissed Gabriel.

"I love you. I'll be right back," Amelia said as she went out of the room.

Amelia was sitting outside of the ward. She had patiently waited to hear news. She knew everything was going well, and she was just grateful that Gabriel was awake. She stared at her phone, contemplating whether or not to do the right thing. She knew that she had to, but at the same time, she didn't want to do the right thing. She shook her head and grabbed her phone, dialling the first number that she saw.

"Hi, Mia," Elijah said as Amelia exhaled.

"Gabriel is awake," Amelia said.

"That's amazing," Elijah said.

His short responses were all that Amelia needed to know that he wasn't going to give her many words.

"Elijah, I'm sorry," Amelia said as Elijah exhaled, their argument running through his head.

"No. You're not the one supposed to apologize. I was an absolute asshole to you.," Elijah said.

"We were both kinda on it last week. It's okay, Elijah," Amelia said.

"What is he saying? Gabriel," Elijah said.

"He feels like he was hit by a truck or a train. Which isn't far from true. The doctors are currently with him, but I'll keep you posted," Amelia said.

"Okay, I gotta head back to class. Love you," Elijah said.

"Loveyou, Elijah," Amelia said as she ended the call.