Chapter 32

"Amelia!" Katie yelled as she and Blake came towards Amelia.

"Hey, what's up guys?" Amelia asked as she got her book bag out of the car.

"This really is amazing to see you. How is Gabriel?" Katie asked as Amelia shook her head.

"Still the same. He hasn't woken up or anything. Elijah did tell me that I have to get back to school though," Amelia said.

"It's going to be okay, trust me. It will all work out," Katie said.

"I'm sure he's going to be fine, Mia," Blake said as Amelia nodded.

"I know he is. It's just frightening to think of the worst case scenario," Amelia said.

"Don't think of it then," Katie said.

"Easier said than done definitely," Amelia said.

"Are you doubting whether or not he will be okay? Or did something happen?" Blake asked as Amelia shook her head.

After their one passionate night, Amelia and Gabriel didn't tell anyone. They were afraid of what people would say and now that everything is happening, Amelia didn't know if she should be honest or just hide away. She had gotten back home when she saw as Elijah's car was outside. She didn't expect to see it there. She went inside the house when she saw as her brother was busy drinking. Something happened.

"Elijah?" Amelia said as Elijah looked up at his sister.

"You're supposed to be at school," Elijah said.

"It's 3:30, Elijah. School is over. What happened?" Amelia asked.

"Life," Elijah said taking another sip of his whisky.

"Elijah," Amelia said as she sat down next to him.

"It's Anastasia. She... Broke off the engagement," Elijah said.

"Why?" Amelia asked, concerned about what could have happened.

"She states my family is too full of shit," Elijah said.

"Did Gabriel have the opportunity to tell you about the New Years party we had?" Amelia asked as Elijah shook his head.

"Anastasia was there. She greeted me, and was MIA the whole night. I don't know where she was," Amelia said.

"At least she met you. She's been complaining about that for a long time," Elijah said.

"Something happened between me and Gabriel," Amelia said as Elijah just looked at his sister.

"What do you mean something happened?" Elijah asked.

Amelia didn't want to tell her brother what had happened. He was drunk and she knew that things would for sure go south. It didn't matter to anyone what had happened. All that would matter was what Amelia would say now.

"He kissed me," Amelia said as Elijah exhaled, his head hanging over his arms.

"Which lead to something more," Amelia murmured as Elijah looked shocked at her.

"Wait, what?" Elijah asked as Amelia exhaled.

"I don't think anything will come from it, so relax. I just..."

"Amelia, what the hell did you just say?" Elijah asked as Amelia exhaled.

"Things went a step further between me and Gabriel than just kissing," Amelia said.

"Are you fucking with me right now? Oh, my, God. Amelia, are you out of your fucking mind?!" Elijah yelled as Amelia jumped back in her seat.

"Elijah."

"No. No. You are sixteen, he is twenty. Almost twenty-one. And he is my best friend. You've fucked everything up with Noah already causing huge feuds between the Hamilton's and the Hunter's, and now you want to do it yet again with Gabriel," Elijah said.

"That ain't fair," Amelia said.

"Whatain't fair is that you think the world owes you something. Know what? Forgetit. Just forget it," Elijah said as he went back upstairs.