Chapter 46

Amelia slowly woke up as she exhaled and looked around. It felt like she was back in time. She woke up in the house where she had grown up for many years. She turned her head to find Gabriel fast asleep next to her. Benjamin wasn't the biggest fan of his teenage daughter and her 21-year-old boyfriend sleeping in the same bed, but he also knew that it didn't matter anymore. Amelia was already pregnant.

Amelia looked around the room as she got up. She had completely forgotten how warm Los Angeles got round April, feeling like she was dying from the heat. She had quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a long sleeved shirt when she noticed how Gabriel was busy waking up.

"Good morning," Amelia said.

"Morning, how late is it?" Gabriel asked as Amelia kissed him.

"It's seven-thirty. Still early. I think Hazel and Eleanor are still asleep as well," Amelia said as she looked around the room.

"This is Elijah's old room," Amelia said as Gabriel looked at her.

"After Hazel's birth, each of my sisters got their own room. Eleanor stayed in the same one with Hazel and Delilah moved into Andrew's. She is just bunking with Eleanor now with Andrew here for a few days," Amelia said as Gabriel smiled.

"How do you think will all of this end?" Gabriel asked as Amelia looked at her boyfriend.

"I don't know. Me and Eleanor are fixed though. We are all good," Amelia said.

"How about how things are going forward for everyone? Delilah wants you back home. I could tell that last night," Gabriel said.

"Gabriel, I'm not coming home," Amelia said as Gabriel nodded.

"I know you're not coming home, but she wants you to," Gabriel said.

"I have a new life at the other end of the world. If Delilah wants to see me more, she can visit me in Montana. You, me, and this baby will have a life that side of the world. Not this side," Amelia said.

"Have you thought about what we are going to do regarding the baby?" Gabriel asked as Amelia had nodded.

"We will raise him or her in Montana. I want to make sure we do all of this right. Not wrong, so let's take these few days to make sure everything is good with our families, and head back home. That is what I want," Amelia said.

"Okay then. We do that and then we will see where things go. I just want you to be happy, Amelia," Gabriel said as Amelia nodded.

"I know you do," Amelia said.

"Do you think Delilah will win and get you back in LA?" Andrew asked as Amelia shook her head.

"Not until after I had graduated high school. Maybe even college. I'm really happy where I am now so I can't even begin to think about coming back to California. After getting used to all of the seasons and stuff, it will be difficult to adjust to Los Angeles again," Amelia said.

"So you see yourself raising your kids in Montana?" Andrew asked as Amelia just nodded.

"We've spoken about moving to Washington or Arizona as well. Although, Arizona is very hot," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"Arizona does have seasons tho. Their hot seasons are roughly 115 degrees while in the winter it's 40 degrees. Some parts even gets snow. Salt Lake City in Utah is also hot and cool," Amelia said.

"What are you doing after high school? Are you going to college?" Andrew asked as Amelia nodded.

"I've already looked up a few courses and I was thinking of doing my BSW," Amelia sad as Andrew looked at her.

"Bachelors in Social Work. She wants to become a social worker," Gabriel said.

"She will do good in it. Just promise me regardless what you end up doing, you will do it because you love it. Not because someone is forcing you to do it," Andrew said as Amelia nodded.

"Always."