Chapter 29

Amelia felt the cold air creeping into her bedroom as her eyes opened up. Waking up was the last thing that she wanted to do yet she also knew that she had to do it. She just shook her head as she looked over at the time. It was 7:15. It was a decent time to wake up, yet she still somehow felt like it was beyond when she should be awake. She had just shaken her head while feeling like her world was slowly coming down. She was sixteen years old and yet she had never felt more disconnected from anyone in her while life. She felt like something was supposed to be happening. She and Gabriel kissed, and shared an intimate evening together, but even with that behind them, she can never just figure out what she truly felt for Gabriel. Even after all this time, her feelings were still unclear. Amelia shook her head as she heard someone knocking on her door and smiled as she saw a male figure.

"Why, isn't this a surprise. What are you doing up?" Amelia asked as Gabriel handed Amelia a cup of coffee.

"Well, I did figure I would just pop in. I have to leave for work in like, ten minutes," Gabriel said as he looked at Amelia.

"Do you expect me to believe that you came here just to give me coffee? We can talk about the other night if you want," Amelia said as Gabriele exhaled and looked at her.

"Amelia, if I start talking about the other night, both of us will be facing something that we won't be able to stop. I don't think that us talking about anything this morning is smart. What time is your brother landing on Sunday?" Gabriel asked as Amelia exhaled.

"Elijah is landing around 2, I think," Amelia said as Gabriel had nodded.

"Okay, I need to get going. I'll talk to you later," Gabriel said as he headed out of the house.

Amelia had exhaled as she got out of bed, and quickly got dressed. She wore a pair of jeans along with some boots and a blue sweatshirt. She just looked at everything in her room while she slowly felt like she was disappearing. She didn't want to deal with anything at that moment and nor did she really know what to do about anything. Amelia had looked in the mirror while her phone was ringing and she smiled at the number.

"Caleb, hi," Amelia said as she sat back down on her bed.

"Hey, Amelia. How is the cold weather of Montana treating you?" Caleb asked as Amelia just smiled.

Caleb Nelson was one of Amelia's best friends, and she would even go as far as saying that they were brother and sister. Caleb was one of Amelia's best friends from California, and still, she kept close contact with him and all of her friends from that side.

"Montana is treating me just fine," Amelia said as she continued to drink her coffee.

"And Gabriel?"

Gabriel was always the boy who Amelia would give everything to. He was a boy who she fell in love with when she was young and as time passed, she fell in love with Noah instead. But now, she was in Montana where things seemed to be more complicated, and even more confusing than before.

"Gabriel has been fine. Now that you brought him up," Amelia said as she carefully looked around to everything.

"Me and Gabriel, we kinda..." Amelia said not able to fully say the words that were on her mind.

"What? Did you guys kiss or something?" Caleb asked as Amelia was careful with what she was about to say.

"We had sex," Amelia softly said, imagining that her best friend's eyes widened at the words.

"I'm sorry. You? And Gabriel Hunter? No way," Caleb said.

"Hmm," Amelia responded.

"Jeez, Mia. I never thought that you would actually go through with that until you were much older. Especially not with a 20-year-old. How are things between the two of you now?" Caleb asked as Amelia exhaled.

"Awwkard and just semi uncomfortable. He doesn't really want to talk about it which I thought O was fine with, but it turns out, I'm not. What is wrong with me?" Amelia asked.

"Nothing I wrong with you, Amelia. But, you are definitely something different. Montana has changed you, and that's a good thing. Don't take it as a bad thing," Caleb said.

In Malibu, Amelia was the kind of girl who always stood back. She didn't want a huge commitment with anyone. She and Noah were in love, yes, but she also had to take into account that she was just slightly too young to feel any kind of huge emotion. But now, with Gabriel, it felt like Amelia wasn't sixteen, but instead 21.

"I'm not sure how to take it. Caleb, I've changed. I sued to be the girl who had stated that she would never in a million years gave sex before the age of 20, or even before marriage. And now? Now, I'm a sixteen-year-old high school student who had sex with a guy four years older than her. What the hell am I doing?" Amelia asked.

"You're growing up, which is good," Caleb said as Amelia exhaled.

"Is it good?" Amelia asked.

"Amelia, why are you asking me these questions when you know I can't answer them? Figure it out for your own, but whenever you would need it, I am here for you, okay? Just hold on tight," Caleb said as Amelia exhaled.

"Okay, I have to go. Apparently I am seeing some of my friends. School starts again on Monday so we are trying to do as much as we can together," Amelia said.

"Have fun," Caleb said as he ended the call.