Chapter 15

The hiking had killed Amelia in more way than one. It wasn't just exhausting to do, but it was also one of the first times that she actually had to think about everything that went on in her life. Shaking her head as she laid down on the couch, Elijah threw her with a bottle of water while she slowly got up, feeling as her whole body ached.

"What happened to your fitness? You used to be super fit, and now a little hike was exhausting," Elijah said as she saw how Gabriel came down the stairs.

"On what hike did you take her? Are you okay, Amelia?" Gabriel asked.

"Do I look that rough?" Amelia asked.

"We went on the one you and I go on. She is just unfit," Elijah said as Amelia exhaled and finished her bottle of water.

"Yeah, you're lying. Amelia sued to be top fit when we lived in Los Angeles," Gabriel said.

"Can I get some more water, please?" Amelia asked as Gabriel nodded.

"Of course," Gabriel said.

"I honestly am unfit. I neglected exercising a lot when things with Noah went on," Amelia said as Gabriel handed her a glass of water.

"Thanks," Amelia said.

"When was the last time you went jogging?" Elijah asked.

"Last year sometime. Before you left when we used to jog together. I should honestly get back in it," Amelia said as Gabriel smiled.

"Definitely easier than this. You are going to be dead by tonight," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"I'm going to take a shower," Amelia aid and ran up the stairs.

"Don't run! You'll fall over," Gabriel said.

"We really didn't go that hard," Elijah said.

"She's your sister so I don't have much of a say in anything," Gabriel said.

"Since she's my sister, tell me what you did to cause this mood or vibe between the two of you," Elijah said as Gabriel exhaled.

"I can't. That is her decision to do. Not mine," Gabriel said.

With the afternoon approaching, Amelia could sense that the vibe was changing between everyone. She could sense that Elijah wanted to know what was going on, but at the same time she knew that Gabriel didn't tell him what was happening. While Amelia knew that things were going to change fast she also knew that once the new school year would come, she would have to work harder than ever before. The barbeque had started and although Amelia thought it would only be the three of them, it became much more people than just them. They were just under 10 people at the barbeque and although the house was big enough for all of that to happen, Amelia felt like she had nowhere to hide from all of the people.

"Who are you hiding from?"

The boy who asked Amelia was close to her own age, maybe a bit older. He was taller than she was and had dark brown hair. She smiled at him as she didn't know what to answer him.

"I'm Blake, by the way. I'm the brother of one of Elijah's friends. He said you were his sister," Blake said as Amelia exhaled.

"Yeah, I am. I'm Amelia, and I'm not hiding from anyone," Amelia said.

"You sure? Why aren't you involved with people then?" Blake asked as he sat down beside her.

"Because I don't know anyone. I got here not long ago, and it seems like everyone is pretty... Wealthy," Amelia said.

"Not actually. We are just like you, Los Angeles," Blake said as Amelia exhaled.

"I don't have the time for men," Amelia said as she got up and walked towards Gabriel.