Chapter 36

Amelia watched as Valentines Day came rolling around. She looked at the snow that was still falling from the sky while she was waiting outside of the hospital. She was getting done earlier with school lately so she would drive Gabriel to his therapy and waiting until he was done. What Amelia didn't know was that today was the day that Gabriel was getting his cast taken off. She saw as he walked out of the doctor's office with no cast smiling at him.

"So today was the day and you didn't even tell me," Amelia said.

"You didn't really give me enough time to tell you anything lately," Gabriel said smiling.

"Ready to go back home?" Amelia asked.

"Before we go, can we talk quickly?" Gabriel asked as Amelia just nodded.

"Yeah, I guess. What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"The other day. What happened? You were completely freaked out for no good reason," Gabriel said.

"It was for a good reason actually. Not a good enough one to blame you or treat you like I did, but, um, yeah. Uh... Noah is going round town saying stuff about me basically neglecting him so badly he had no choice but to cheat. And Caleb called me to tell me about the shit that he was saying," Amelia said as Gabriel looked at her.

"Okay then. Where do I fit into that picture?" Gabriel asked.

"I know you aren't like that, and I know my past with Noah doesn't define who I am. But, sometimes, I think of how things will be if they were like that. If both Hunter brothers were the exact same, and it scares me," Amelia said as Gabriel nodded.

"You know I'm not like that, right?" Gabriel asked as Amelia nodded.

"Of course, Gabriel. But sometimes I can't help it. Look at me and Eleanor. We are sisters. We're part of triplets, and she doesn't want me anywhere near her or her child, my niece," Amelia said.

"Eleanor is pathetic," Gabriel said.

"She's my sister. I am her blood," Amelia said.

"That doesn't mean you are like her. Amelia, you are so much that Eleanor will never be," Gabriel said as Amelia just looked at him.

"Such as?" Amelia asked curious at his response.

"You're sweet, kind, loving, caring. You would give up your world to make someone happy. You would be in a situation with someone and still drive that same guy to his therapy appointments every afternoon. Amelia, you had beaten yourself up when Elijah and Anastasia broke up. And that is the kind of person you are. You will beat yourself up over everything and take the blame. Eleanor was the girl your boyfriend used to cheat on you with, and you are still blaming yourself," Gabriel said as Amelia exhaled.

"I guess it's easier to blame myself then to actually face all of this. The consequences of the actual actions," Amelia said.

"It's not your fault, Amelia," Gabriel said cupping her cheeks.

"It's not your fault," he said again as Amelia placed her hand on his arm.

"We can't do this here," Amelia said, knowing what would happen next.

"I don't care," Gabriel said as he leaned forward, crashing his lips into Amelia's.

For that one singular moment, it didn't matter to Amelia that things could fall apart. It didn't matter that she was kissing her brother's best friend or her ex-boyfriend's older brother. It didn't matter that they were outside of a hospital, and it didn't matter that Amelia was leaving end of March to go and see Andrew. All that mattered was that one moment. Amelia threw her arms around Gabriel's neck as he wrapped his around her waist. Picking her up, Gabriel deepened the kiss, as he laid her down on the car bonnet. Amelia wrapping her legs around his torso, she continued to kiss him with more passion and more lust. Like it was something that they had always wanted. That they had deserved. Neither wanted to pull away, but they did. Amelia looked into Gabriel's eyes as he just smiled at her. He caressed her cheek, planting a kiss on her left cheek, before hugging her.

"I wanna make this work," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"So do I. But how do we do this?" Amelia asked as Gabriel looked at her.

"I hear you are going down to Colorado for Spring break," Gabriel said as Amelia just nodded.

"Elijah and I think it will be good if I go to visit Andrew for a bit. Los Angeles isn't really an option anymore with Eleanor so I think it will do me good," Amelia said.

"Good luck. But know I will still be here when you come back. I always will," Gabriel said.

"I know you will always be here, but what happens when everything falls apart?" Amelia asked.

"It's not going to fall apart. Because I am determined to make all of this work. No matter what," Gabriel said as Amelia just smiled.