Chapter 28

TW - Mature content ahead!

Amelia watched as everything was slightly falling into place. Gabriel went ahead and invited a bunch of people who would very soon be showing up at the house. Amelia was in her room with Katie and Layla doing her hair as she was nervous. She was indeed meeting her brother's fiancé, but along with that, she finally decided that tonight was the night. She was telling Gabriel how she feels about him.

"Would you stop moving?" Katie asked as she was putting mascara on Amelia.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous," Amelia said as she exhaled and saw as Katie had finished.

"You definitely have a lot of hair," Layla said, dropping the last curl as Amelia smiled.

"I think I've fallen for Gabriel," Amelia said as the girls looked at her.

"Your ex-boyfriend's 20-year-old brother? Good luck girl," Katie said as Amelia exhaled.

"I guess I could be wrong. I mean, I have known Gabriel ever since I was 6 years old. It just doesn't feel like anything I've ever felt before. I don't even think I have ever felt like this with Noah," Amelia said as she looked down at her hands.

"You are realizing what you are saying, right?" Layla asked as they saw how Blake came in.

"Amelia thinks she's in love with Gabriel," Katie said.

"Amazing. Gabriel is a great guy, and I think you guys would be perfect together," Blake said.

"Blake, her ex abused and cheated on her. Aka Gabriel's brother. Think carefully," Katie said.

"I'm not saying I wont get hurt. That will probably happen regardless what I do, but I also think I have truly fallen deeper than I can even imagine," Amelia said as she smiled.

"Gabriel actually taught me a lot," Amelia said as she smiled thinking back on the memories.

"He taught me how to throw a football."

Each summer, the two families would spend together. It was always a time where everyone got together at a certain place for 8 weeks and just had fun. Amelia always believed that the best months were the months between June and August. The families would always travel down to San Francisco where there was a small beach house on the coast. And each summer, something magical had happened. The summer when Amelia was 10 years old, she was taught to throw a football for the first time.

"Amelia! Come here!" Gabriel called for her.

They were on the beach and one of the most magical days was that day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining perfectly. The kids were all on the beach. As Elijah and Gabriel were 14 years old, the mothers allowed them to take the girls and Noah down to the beach on their own.

"Here, take this," Gabriel said as he handed Amelia a football.

"Take your arm back, and throw. Just let it go," Gabriel said as Amelia threw the ball over to the 11-year-old Noah.

"Good job."

"How to dance."

Summer when she was 12 years old, Amelia wanted to learn so badly how to shag. Dancing in general. But she was always too clumsy to do anything really. She tried to dance on the beat, but constantly felt as her feet were slipping.

"Eli, I need a partner," Amelia said as her brother looked at her.

"No way," Elijah said as he was playing chess with Gabriel and Noah.

"Here, I'll show you," Gabriel said.

"What about the game?" Elijah asked.

"Give me one second," Gabriel said as he had walked over to Amelia.