Chapter 19

Amelia was laying on her stomach on her bed and going over her yearly books. She always felt like at the beginning of the school year they got more books to read than they could fit in their bags, but this time she didn't want to let anything get in her way of academic achievements. Elijah walked into his sister's bedroom as he saw papers, books and pens laying all over the room. He had chuckled while it seemed like all she was doing was studying.

"Here you go," Elijah said and handed a cup of coffee to his sister.

"What are you busy with?" Elijah asked.

"Economics," Amelia said as Elijah looked at all of the books laying around on the floor.

"Well you guys started not too long ago, so what can you possibly be studying for?" Elijah asked as he sat down on the desk chair as Amelia sat up.

"I am busy with a lot at the moment. Remember, I just got to this school and it seems like a difficult one as well. I have Mathematics which includes algebra, calc and geometry, English, Science which includes Physics, Biology and Chemistry, Social studies which includes World History and Geography, Spanish as my world language, and then on top of that taking Media and Communication plus Economics. In addition, I also took child development, and have PE as well. Things aren't as easy as you think they are, and I don't even know where to get started with most of the other things. My social life is absolutely a nightmare and then everyone is on my case about that damn kiss with Gabriel. It's too much, Elijah, it's..."

"Elijah, what the hell are you doing to your poor sister?" Gabriel asked as Amelia exhaled.

"I thought you were working," Amelia said.

"I was, I just got home, and heard the two of you. What's going on?" Gabriel asked.

"She is having a hard time with school and stuff. Don't worry," Elijah said as Gabriel looked at him.

"Amelia has never struggled with school so don't lie," Gabriel said.

"Would the two of you stop fighting for a singular minute? This is getting tiring," Amelia said as she got up and went outside.

Both Gabriel and Elijah knew that things were not going well for the young teenager, but they didn't know how to handle it nor what they were supposed to say. Gabriel looked at his best friend as he had moved down the stairs and saw as Amelia was looking at a picture by the doorway. Amelia and Elijah weren't just brother and sister like most people knew them. Gabriel knew a side of the two siblings that even their father didn't know. Amelia wasn't just Elijah's sister, but she was also his friend, and with time that relationship only grew stronger until the point where they were now.

"Amelia," Gabriel said as Amelia looked at him smiling.

"You would think that with a four year age difference, none of us would be close to Elijah, but that is definitely not the case," Amelia said.

"You mean not the case with you, because Elijah does not get along with Delilah nor Eleanor," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"I'm sorry," Amelia said as Gabriel shook his head.

"No, I definitely get how you can get more than just a little frustrated with us. We have been going on about that kiss for a few weeks now, and I can only imagine how you want to move forward with your life," Gabriel said.

"Not move forward, but just, not be where I am now. School has been going on for a while now and all I could think about was Eleanor. How she would give birth to the baby in just a couple of weeks. How my relationship with her is gone with. How Noah treated me for months," Amelia said as Gabriel exhaled at the name of his brother.

Although Noah was still Gabriel's brother, he had difficulty forgiving his brother for what he did to Amelia. Gabriel never asked exactly what his brother had done to Amelia, but he didn't want to know that. Every time he thought of Noah hurting Amelia, his blood boiled over and all he could see was red. He made a decision to not see anything else than the fact that his brother messed up. He didn't talk about the pregnancy that Eleanor was experiencing, he wasn't talking about the fact that his brother would become a father and he himself would become an uncle. And he didn't speak about the fact that Amelia would be the aunt to her ex's child. It had hurt her too badly, and made Gabriel too mad.

"Ever since we left LA this is the first you've mentioned Noah," Gabriel said.

"No, it isn't. I've mentioned him before. When I told you about..."

"We don't have to talk about it," Gabriel interrupted her.

"When are we going to talk about it then? Gabriel, it is something that will forever form part of my life. Of your life. He is your brother, my ex, and he is going to be the father of our niece. We can't hide anything right now," Amelia said.

"Amelia, you do know that after everything he has done, I can't forgive and forget. I can't act like he didn't hurt you and that I don't want to kill him. I can't," Gabriel said.

"Gabriel, as for the moment, nobody is talking to anyone about this thing. My father hasn't once contacted me since I got here, Andrew wants to kill Delilah for keeping quiet, and Delilah wants to kill Eleanor for what she did. I can't even talk to Elijah about this, so please, I can't deal with you as well," Amelia said as Gabriel looked at her.

While he and Elijah thought it was the fact that she was struggling with the new high school, it was the fact that nobody could tell how the other would react. Amelia was 15 years old and she had the weight of a middle aged woman on her shoulders. Gabriel exhaled as he walked closer to Amelia while both of them were hesitant for what could happen. Amelia knew things were completely screwed up since she and Gabriel had kissed, and to make it worse, every time that Amelia would even mention Noah her own brother would get furious. Gabriel had thought about the situation, and he no longer wanted Amelia to suffer. He wrapped his arms around her body and pulled her into his chest. Amelia laid her head down as she knew that Gabriel was trying to not cause drama. But that was lately all that was happening.

"It's going to be okay, I promise," Gabriel said kissing the side of her head.

"Don't shut me out, please. I can't. I.."

"Look at me," Gabriel said as Amelia looked at Gabriel.

"I am not going to shut you out ever. Things are confusing and they are beyond out of control, but I will never shut you out because of anything. If you want to talk about Noah, we can talk. If you want to talk about Eleanor's pregnancy, we can talk. If you want to talk about how Andrew, Elijah and Delilah can't decide if they want to kill each other or Noah, we can talk. You can talk to me about anything anytime, Amy. I'll always be here for you when you have to talk. You're not just my best friend's sister, you're also my friend. Don't ever think you have to shut yourself out, okay?" Gabriel said as Amelia nodded.