Chapter 39

Amelia was laying in her bed when she heard a car engine. It was Gabriel who had gotten home. She looked at the time as she realized it was five pm. She hadn't gotten anything done. After the test, she came to lay in bed while she got lost in her own thoughts. She saw as Gabriel came into her room, and he could see that something was wrong.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Gabriel asked as he sat down besides Amelia.

"Not good," Amelia said.

"Amelia, I know you probably don't have the energy for all of this, but have you considered a pregnancy being the cause?" Gabriel asked.

Amelia had taken the tests that she had taken out of her draw and gave them to Gabriel. He looked at them for a moment. Amelia could tell that he was shocked. He had put the tests back down on her side table as he pulled her into his arms, holding her tight.

"I know you're scared. I can only imagine that you are, but don't think about it too much. Take a breather and just get through the emotion. It's going to be okay," Gabriel said as Amelia looked at him.

"How do you know that?" Amelia asked wiping her tears away with the back of her hand.

"Because I'm here, okay? And I'm not going anywhere. Not anytime soon. I am always going to be here with you. Regardless what. Amelia, I'm not going anywhere. Trust me when I say that," Gabriel said as Amelia just nodded.

"Okay," Amelia softly said.

"Just try to take it in. Don't worry too much about anything right now. I'm here for you, regardless what," Gabriel said as Amelia just nodded.

"I'm just really scared," Amelia said as Gabriel nodded.

"I know you are. But don't worry about having to do all of this alone. Because you will never have to do anything on your own," Gabriel said.

Gabriel had looked at the burning fire and the silence of the house. It was unusually quiet. Usually, he and Amelia would be talking about their days or they would just be sitting around, waiting for Elijah to come back home so they could tell each other everything. But now, it seemed like things were completely silence and gone. Amelia was sleeping in her room while Gabriel wanted to figure out what he was going to do next. He heard the door opening when he saw Elijah coming in with grocery bags.

"Did you buy enough food for an army, dude? Elijah, we don't need this much food. We are three people," Gabriel said.

"It's spring break. Meaning we can definitely do with some people. I invited a few people over for Friday," Elijah said as Gabriel just looked over at him.

"Cancel. Amelia won't feel like people," Gabriel said.

"By then she should be fine," Elijah said.

"Elijah, Amelia isn't going to feel fine for the next nine months," Gabriel said as Elijah looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Elijah asked shocked.

"She's pregnant, Elijah. Amelia... is pregnant," Gabriel said.

He didn't know how Elijah would react. Both sat down on separate couches, wondering what to tell the other person, but they couldn't find it. Elijah looked at Gabriel as it was all a huge shock.

"She's pregnant, huh," Elijah said as Gabriel nodded.

"She is pregnant," Gabriel said.

"What are you guys going to do?" Elijah asked as Gabriel shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no idea," Gabriel said.