Chapter 23

November came around and Amelia sat outside the house while she felt the cold breeze rushing through her body. She had always felt like things were completely different in the winter. It was cold in Montana with the maximum going for 24° Fahrenheit and the snow was slowly starting to overtake the backyard. The swimming pool was now covered with a thick layer of ice and snow while everyone was dressing in layers. Amelia felt someone throwing a blanket over her shoulders as she looked behind her and saw Elijah.

"Hey, brother," Amelia said as he handed her a cup of hot chocolate and sat down next to her.

"Winters over here are freezing. Good think Gabriel took you to get warm things before he left for California," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

"Yeah it kinda is. Thanks," Amelia said as she took a sip of the hot beverage.

"Ooh, chocolatey," Amelia said as Elijah chuckled.

"Have you heard from him? Gabriel," Elijah said as Amelia nodded.

"I got a message to state happy Thanksgiving and to state that he would be spending the day with his mom and Rosalie, and not murder Noah," Amelia said as Elijah looked down.

"I hate the fact that Noah and Eleanor made you doubt everything," Elijah said as Amelia exhaled.

"Ella always loved drama," Amelia said as Elijah exhaled.

"Yeah, but to do all of this. She is just mean, and to say the truth, I really did think she would..." Elijah said as Amelia's phone rang and she saw Delilah's name.

"Hey, D. What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"Where the fuck are you and Elijah?" Delilah asked as Amelia could see where she was.

"Let me guess; Eleanor is in birth?" Amelia said.

"Why aren't you here, Elijah?" Delilah asked.

"You are asking me that question knowing Amelia and Eleanor aren't getting along," Elijah said.

"Eleanor wanted you here," Delilah said.

"Did she want Amelia there?" Elijah asked as Amelia looked at her older brother.

"She doesn't want Amelia anywhere near the baby," Delilah said as Amelia exhaled.

"How can I be there then? Besides, we can come through next month for your birthdays and Christmas," Elijah said.

"About our birthday..." Delilah said as Elijah looked at her.

"Eleanor asked us to do our birthday and Christmas separate as she doesn't want to see Amelia nor have her anywhere close to her daughter," Delilah said as Amelia looked shocked at Elijah.

"Well, you tell Eleanor I don't give a fuck about what she wants. If Dad says we are coming through for your sweet sixteen, all 3 of your birthdays, and for Christmas, we will come through. And Eleanor will just have to either hide the baby or deal with seeing Amelia, because there is no way I am leaving my fifteen year old sister alone at home in Montana while I am galivanting in California," Elijah said.

"Gabriel can stay with her, can't he?" Delilah asked.

"He went down yesterday to spent time with his mother. Where is he and Noah? Why aren't they there?" Elijah asked as Delilah shrugged her shoulders.

"How the hell am I supposed to know? I don't have contact with Gabriel," Delilah said.

"Wait, but why did she go into birth? She is only 36 weeks now," Amelia said.

"Emergency c-section. Something is wrong, and she has to give birth now," Delilah said.

"Well send us pictures of the little kiddo after the birth, but I am not rushing over there for Eleanor to yell at Amelia. I'm sorry," Elijah said as Delilah ended the phone call.

"Guess that is it," Amelia said as she exhaled.

"Don't worry. I'll give Gabriel a quick call and find out what's going on," Elijah said as he went back inside.

He had exhaled as he quickly pulled up the first number and waited for the call to get answered.

Gabriel had smiled with his mother and sister while they were busy enjoying lunch. He saw his phone ringing and excused himself from the table while he answered the phone.

"What is wrong, Elijah? Is it Amelia?" Gabriel asked.

"No, but apparently Eleanor went into labour and no one is there to welcome the new baby besides Delilah. Where are you guys?" Elijah asked.

"Noah did go to the hospital. I didn't want to be part of it," Gabriel said.

"Yeah, well, apparently I have to go to California for the sweet sixteen and Christmas without Amelia because Eleanor doesn't want her close to the baby," Elijah said.

"Yeah, I heard something like that, but it is your father's decision about what he wants to do, isn't it?" Gabriel asked.

"I don't know if he'll do that. Upset Eleanor like that, but I can't be in California and leave Amelia more than a thousand miles alone during the holidays," Elijah said as Gabriel exhaled.

"Don't then. They don't want her at their place, but nobody ever said anything about her spending it with me. Let her stay with us for those two days. Amelia can still be in California and spend her birthday and Christmas in California, but just away from your sister. Suggest it and fin out what she thinks. Getting out of Montana may be good for her as well," Gabriel said.

"I think what we should do is maybe leave her here. She will enjoy the wintery Christmas. I'll go through at the beginning of the month to meet the new baby and then we can have Christmas here – just the three of us," Elijah said.

"Sounds like a plan. Be there for the birthday. I'll keep Amelia occupied this side, and then we can peacefully have the holidays," Gabriel said as Elijah exhaled.

"Okay,yeah, we can do that," Elijah said.