Chapter 42

Amelia looked terrified as she and Gabriel were driving back to their homes. They were back in Los Angeles, the place where Amelia had grown up her whole life. Los Angeles felt like a safe place for Amelia after everything that had happened. She looked as everything unfolded in front of her. She was about to say the words that her own sister stated many months back. She imagined seeing her baby niece although she knew that Eleanor would keep her far away from her daughter. She imagined how it would be to see her family again after all that time, and how it would feel to just be free.

"Nervous about seeing your sisters?" Gabriel asked.

"Nervous about seeing your brother?" Amelia asked as Gabriel just rolled his eyes.

"Nice one. What do you think will everyone say about the pregnancy?" Gabriel asked as Amelia just looked at him.

"Well, Eleanor is my age and has a four month old. What do you think?" Amelia asked.

"I think that Eleanor will try to make a bunch of shit up because of the pregnancy," Gabriel said.

Amelia was wearing jeans a few sizes bigger than she normally would wear with an oversized T-shirt and an oversized jumper. She didn't want to feel like she was hiding her pregnancy, but at the same time, she didn't want too many people to ask questions at that point. Amelia pulled the blanket over her legs as she felt how the warm weather of Los Angeles came in through the window. She smiled as she saw how Delilah was waiting outside of the house. She smiled as the car stopped and she ran out of the car and into Delilah's arms.

"It's so good to see you, D," Amelia said while she could hear crying noises.

"Help please. Hi, Gabriel," Delilah said.

"Is that Hazel?" Amelia asked as she went into the house seeing her sister and Noah.

"What is she doing here? I thought I stated..." Eleanor said while she tried to calm Hazel down.

"Well she is my daughter and I wanted to see her. Hi, baby girl," Benjamin said as Amelia hugged her father while watching Eleanor struggling with Hazel.

"You couldn't do better even if you tried so don't start," Eleanor said as she gave Hazel over to Noah.

"Know what?" Noah said as he gave Hazel to Amelia.

"You try cause we have had it," Noah said.

"Noah!" Eleanor yelled at him.

"Hi, baby," Amelia said taking the baby's finger in her hand.

"Hi, Hazel. I'm your aunty Amelia. It's okay, baby," Amelia said gently rocking the baby in her arms as she started to sing.

"Rest, little darling, rest. Close your eyes and feel as He watches over you. Feel the love over you. Rest, my darling, rest. You are Mama's world. You are Daddy's little princess. Rest, little darling, rest. Close your eyes, and see the clouds over you. Rest, little darling, rest."

Eleanor looked shocked as Hazel was quiet and fast asleep. She stood up and walked towards Amelia. There was no trick being done or a certain way how she was holding the four month baby. She was gently rocking her back and forth while softly humming at her. Amelia had smiled at Eleanor and gave Hazel back to her. Softly laying her in her arms, Eleanor just looked at her sister. For a moment there were tears in her eyes as she gave the baby back to Amelia.

"I can't do this anymore," Eleanor said as she sat down on the couch.

"Noah," Amelia said as Noah came forward.

Amelia gave the baby over to Noah as she went to sit down next to Eleanor. Her sister started sobbing louder and louder. Amelia looked over at Noah, as he didn't have any words. Amelia rubbed circles with her hand over Eleanor's back as she cried louder.

"I can't do this anymore, Amelia. I can't," Eleanor said as Amelia pulled her into her arms.

"It's okay, Eleanor. It's okay, I got you," Amelia said holding her sister against her skin.

"I can't be a mom," Eleanor said as Amelia shook her head and looked at her sister.

"You can. Obviously not on your own. That is why you have all of us, Ella. You have Dad, and Delilah, and Noah – You have me. You may have pushed me away, but I am still here. Always," Amelia said.

"I'm so sorry for what I did to you," Eleanor said as Amelia smiled.

"We both had to go through something like that before we would heal. You haven't lost me. This is only going to bring us closer, Ella. Because in seven months I'm going to be where you are," Amelia said as Noah looked shocked at his brother.

"What?" Eleanor said.

"I'm pregnant," Amelia said as Eleanor just hugged her sister.

"You're what?" Noah asked as Amelia looked at her ex-boyfriend.

"One of us treated her right," Gabriel said as Noah looked at his brother.

"Right? Right? She is exactly where Eleanor was a year ago," Noah said.

"Instead of you dropping out, I'm going to be there," Gabriel said.

"Me and Gabriel are having a baby in October," Amelia said.

"Have any plans then?" Benjamin asked as Gabriel jumped in.

"She is finishing high school, I am continuingwith college while doing my part-time job at the lab and after graduation wewill figure out what we are going to do. Right now, we are just taking itslow," Gabriel said.