Chapter 17

Amelia had looked around at the huge high school that she was now in. Skyview High School looked small from the outside, but as soon as Amelia stepped into the high school, she realized that it weas everything but small. She shook her head as she got out the map that she had received and instantly went to her locker. The locker was very plain and Amelia knew that she would change it up very soon. She smiled as she put some of her textbooks in there as she saw how Katie Martin and Blake Wilson approached her.

"Was it Elijah or Gabriel who got you out of bed?" Blake asked.

"Hi, guys. I'm glad you two are the first people that I'm seeing. I want to apologize for last night. My nerves were above and beyond what they should be and I just felt like I had control over nothing," Amelia said.

"We all feel like that, but it will get better. That I can promise you," Blake said.

"So, we're friends?" Amelia asked as Blake nodded.

"Yeah, we're friends. First class?" Katie asked.

"History," Amelia said.

"Us too. Let's get going," Katie said.

Amelia had smiled as she walked into her first class and was surprised who she had seen. It was Mr. Smith, her old history teacher from middle school who had moved. She shook her head smiling, as she had sat down next to Blake. She knew her week had started out badly, but maybe she could still turn it around.

"Miss Hamilton. I'm surprised to see you here. Any reason why you followed me from Los Angeles to Billings?" the teacher asked as Amelia smiled.

"I came to live with my brother, Sir. Elijah and Gabriel live here and I decided to come and visit for the summer mainly. Decided to stay," Amelia said.

"Children, you can learn a lot from her. Amelia Hamilton was the smartest student I had back in grade 8," he said.

"Sir, that was middle school. This is high school," Carter Morris said.

"And she hadn't change that much. Still the same girl. Let's get started, kids."

Amelia was known as the quiet girl in high school. She didn't know a lot of people other than the friends that Delilah had made in high school and due to that she had never grown on her own. But today Amelia was talking to people and made a couple of friends immediately. Amelia sat with Blake and Katie during lunch, in chemistry she talked to a girl named Bianca Hall that loved the class almost as much as her, and during English she and Joey Stewart had gotten to know each other. It was different from Los Angeles.

"Oh my gosh, that was a day!" Katie said as she fell down on the grass.

"That day was the best first day of school I have ever had in my life. I'll even go as far as saying it beats middle school," Amelia said as Blake and Katie looked at her.

"That sounds like you have a fever," Katie said.

"I just really didn't think much of the day, but it turned out relatively well," Amelia said as she saw how Elijah came into the school.

"That is Elijah. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Amelia said.

"You have to try out for music or cross country," Katie said as Amelia was leaving.

"I'll think about it! Hey, Eli," Amelia said as she got into the truck.

"How was school?" Elijah asked.

"Relatively well. I think I overestimated how things would go. I actually made friends with Blake and Katie," Amelia said as Elijah smiled.

"Wow. I was actually right. You enjoyed the day," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

"Can we go somewhere for food? I haven't had lunch yet," Amelia said.

"Since we are only eating at 8pm, yes. We can go to Dairy Queen for some burgers and shakes. What you think?" Elijah asked.

"Like that is the best idea you've ever had," Amelia said as Elijah smiled.

"You are honestly in a good mood and for that you deserve to be spoiled. I think even Dad will approve of that," Elijah said as Amelia smiled and they drove off.

"What about if you survive until Friday, we can get anything you want for dinner?" Elijah asked as Amelia nodded.

"Thatsounds like a deal to me," Amelia said.