Chapter 34

It felt like a cloud that she couldn't get down from. Amelia had looked at everything that was and everything that could be. She still couldn't believe half of the stuff that was happening. She was walking on a cloud that she couldn't get down from, and that was scary, even for her. She was sitting in the hospital room, reading through a book when Gabriel looked at her. His recovery felt slow for many people, especially for himself and for Amelia.

"I heard Elijah and Anna broke up," Gabriel said as Amelia looked over her geography book.

"Yeah, the New Year party apparently showed her who I am. Whatever she means with that," Amelia said.

"Are you sorry about everything? What had..."

"Since you are mentioning it, and no, um... Elijah found out about what happened between us," Amelia said.

"What, how?" Elijah asked.

"It doesn't matter. The fact is, he did find out, and I have dealt with it. Don't worry too much about it. We've fought and then we had made up. Don't worry about it," Amelia said.

"Amelia, I am worried about it. Did your relationship take a big knock?" Gabriel asked as Amelia shook her head.

"Not really, no. He doesn't think of me as his innocent 16-year-old sister anymore for sure. But our relationship is still the same. He is still the overprotective big brother," Amelia said as Gabriel looked at her.

"Meaning I am getting a lecture soon enough," Gabriel said as Amelia just nodded and saw how Elijah came into the room.

"Yeah, buddy? How you doing?" Elijah asked.

"Am I getting killed today then?" Gabriel asked as Elijah just chuckled.

"You slept with my sister, after I think the whole Hamilton family made it clear we didn't want her getting involved with a Hunter ever again," Elijah said as Amelia exhaled.

"But, now she looks happy. She went out of her mind when you were unconscious, that's for sure. Just, please don't hurt her like Noah hurt her," Elijah said.

"If I hurt Amelia like Noah hurt her, you have my full, written permission to kill me," Gabriel said.

"The doctor says your recovery is going to be extremely long," Elijah said as Gabriel nodded.

"Unfortunately, yeah, but I do think that things will be okay. They say until the summer rolls by I will be in recovery. How was Los Angeles?" Gabriel asked as Elijah just looked at him.

"A nightmare. Eleanor is a nightmare. Hazel is a nightmare," Elijah said.

"What's wrong with Hazel?" Amelia asked worried.

"Don't worry. Colic. Like you three had when you were born. Don't worry too much about it though," Elijah said as Amelia nodded.

"Are the two of you actually doing something specific with this whole thing or...?" Elijah asked as Amelia looked at Gabriel.

"We're taking it one day at a time," Amelia said.