Chapter 24

They were back at home. Gabriel was indeed back at home while all he could think about was what was about to happen with Amelia. Elijah was busy packing for his flight as it came that nobody truly knew what to do about the triplet sisters. Gabriel had ended up staying longer in Los Angeles while Elijah was now going there for a week before Christmas. Amelia walked into her brother's bedroom as she smiled and plopped down on the bed.

"Are you okay with Gabriel for a few days?" Elijah asked as Amelia nodded.

"More than ready. Me and Gabriel get along well, we don't need a babysitter," Amelia said as Elijah exhaled.

"I know that, silly, but I'm just slightly afraid of leaving you alone, and with the snow, I don't know if I will be back in time," Elijah said as Amelia smiled.

Elijah an Amelia always had an amazing relationship, and although both of them knew it would only last for a moment, their relationship grew even stronger and that made Elijah happy to know that Amelia was indeed coping well.

"Before I forget, I got my results," Amelia said as she gave Elijah the paper.

"Okay, let's see what you did," Elijah said as he opened the paper.

"Your marks are in some classes higher than others. And no, I don't want to hear a "I'm sorry". This is amazing. Gabriel, take a loot at this," Elijah said as Gabriel came into the room.

"Her school report for the first two quarters of the year," Elijah said as Gabriel looked shocked at it.

"Oh my gosh. Amelia, this is amazing," Gabriel said.

"Is it?" Amelia asked.

"I see a few A's and B's. Your math mark can go up, but this is overall good," Elijah said.

"Who invented trigonometry, and why do they punish innocent high school students with it?" Amelia asked.

"I can easily help you with that. Trig is about angles and figuring out what kind of triangles there are," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"Your best friend is gonna become my best friend these coming few days," Amelia said.

"I just hope I can get back in before the 24th," Elijah said.

The 24th of December had market a special day for the Hamilton's and for the Hunter's. That was the day when Amelia, Delilah, and Eleanor were born. The day where Andrew and Elijah had gained not one, but indeed 3 sisters. And it became more a dream than a nightmare as the girls grew older and older. And now, Elijah couldn't imagine his life without his three sisters. And nor could Gabriel with the eldest of the sisters.

"You will be back before then. Go and have fun. I'll be fine on my own. Gabriel is here to keep an eye on me and besides that, I am no longer a kid," Amelia said.

"You're fifteen years old. I still see that as a kid. Okay then. I should get going. Have fun," Elijah said as he was off.

Gabriel looked at Amelia as he knew now that the two of them would be alone for a couple of days they should make the most of it all. But he didn't know if acting normal was the best thing in their defence.

"Okay! Get your math book. We are getting the work done with that trig. Hopefully, I can help you out with it," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled.

"Okay, I'll get my books, then I'll meet you downstairs," Amelia said.

Amelia and Gabriel were busy with trigonometry homework when suddenly Amelia looked out of the window. She had seen something that she didn't always see, or ever seen in her life. She smiled as she looked at Gabriel before she went over to the window. She smiled at the white frosted flakes that came down while looking over at Gabriel who held out her winter coat.

"Come on, break time. And this you need to see," Gabriel said as they had gone outside.

Amelia had looked outside at the snowflakes that were falling down from the ground as she was barely able to believe it. She had never felt cold like she had felt being in Montana this winter and the more the weather changed, the better Amelia's emotional state had gotten. She and Gabriel were running around in the snow as the young girl had never before even seen snow as she grew up in Los Angeles. Gabriel smiled as they fell down on the white coated grass while it all just seemed to good to be true. Amelia had smiled as they laid outside for nearly an hour before heading in. Amelia's whole body felt cold as Gabriel lit up the fire and both of them sat down in front of it.

"The snow is exciting, hey? It's late this year. Usually it starts after Thanksgiving," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled while trying to get warm.

"It's not that deep into December. I think it's just in time. Pity that Elijah missed it," Amelia said.

"We have both experienced more than enough snowy days. Trust me, we now hate it almost. At least he does. That's why he was so eager to head down to California," Gabriel said as Amelia smiled at him.

The flames of the fire had reflected on Amelia's skin as Gabriel gently stroke over her skin. Both of them knew that things weren't the same anymore. They were alone in the house while things seemed to be different. Much different than anything. Amelia had smiled while she looked back at the fire. She didn't feel ready for anything to happen at that stage of her life. She had stood up and went to the kitchen, boiling some water as she didn't want to cause any uncomfortable feelings between her and Gabriel at that point. But she knew that she had already caused them.

"Have you thought about what's going to happen next?" Gabriel asked as Amelia got two packets of hot cocoa out and looked at Gabriel.

"With?" Amelia asked as Gabriel exhaled.

"Amelia," Gabriel said as he got up and walked towards her.

"Elijah is right about one thing; you can't keep on waiting for Noah to return or for your romance to make sense. You need to move on," Gabriel said as Amelia exhaled.

"I'm not ready yet," Amelia said as she handed Gabriel a cup of cocoa and sat backdown with her books.