Chapter 7 - What Did We Miss?

Lacey's P.O.V.

After we finished at Nandos, Niall and I decided to go to Milkshake City for some dessert. We let the others have the van, so we began to walk. After a while of being silent, Niall spoke up.

"So, you like milkshakes?" He asked, breaking the tension.

"Are you kidding?! I love every single type of food that exists, except mushrooms," I said, with a laugh.

"Really? Me to," he said, with a grin.

We arrived at Milkshake City and gave the waitress our order, a banana milkshake and a strawberry one. We sat down at the table, awaiting their arrival. 

"So. Do you wanna get to know each other better?" He asked, as his sweet Irish acsent filled the small shop.

"That would be lovely," I said, a blush appearing on my face. I turned my head the other way, waiting for my face to return to it's normal pale.

"Look at me, love. I like the fact that I make you nervous, and the redness of your cheeks when I do," he said, turning my face to look back at him. This just made me blush more. I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Number 69," the speaker above us said. Niall and I started cracking up, being our immature and naughty selves. 

"That's ours. I'll go get it," he said, as he jumped out of his chair and headed for the front counter. He came back a few moments later and handed me my milkshake.

"Lets race," he said, sitting down with his milkshake in hand.

"Alright. But don't be mad when you loose," I taunted.

"Uh huh. Sure. On the count of three," he said with a mischeivious grin. 

"One. Two. Three," We said in unison.

We started scarfing down the milkshakes when we were both on two. I was sitting there staring at Niall when he scrunched up his nose and crossed his eyes. I tried my best not to laugh, but it didn't work. I let out a small giggle and half of my milkshake fell to the floor. It took a little while but we finally finished, me ending up the winner. 

"You cheated!" Niall claimed, pouting.

"Nu uh," I said, shaking my head.

"Yes you did. You spit some of it out," he said, gesturing to the mess on the floor.

"That's because you made me!" I protested.

"Oh. What? This one?" He asked, repeating the face he had made only a short while before. 

"Stop it," I said, through a laugh.

"Nope," he said. He made the face again and again and didn't stop. So I decided to tackle him to the ground. He rolled us over so he was on top. I stared into his light blue eyes, feeling like I was at the beach on a warm, sunny day.

"Lacey. I know we've only known each other for a couple days, but I feel like I know you. You bring out the best in me. You're like the girl version of me," he said, with a giggle at the end. "Will you be my princess?"

"Um. I'll have to think about it," I said, sarcasticly. He rolled me over again and again until we began to wrestle. He, of corse, ended back on top.

"So," he said with a perfect, bracey smile on his face. 

"Of course," I said, as he leaned down towards me. I made a move, and closed the distance between us. We stayed like that for about ten minutes until the manager yelled at us, teling us we had to leave the shop or "get a room". We stood up and he took my hand. Looking up at him, I smiled. I was happy for the first time in a long time. 

"Race ya home?" He asked, with a grin still wide on his face.

"Ready?" I questioned.

"Go!" He shouted. We raced back to Kirstin's flat, and of course, I won, again. We opened the door and everyone was staring at us like we had just murdered someone. I guess we're the last ones home. 

"What did we miss?" I asked, looking a little confused and slightly happy. 

-----------------------------------

A/N: Okay. So if there is any confusion, these are all happening at the same time. Comment, vote, read,  and tell me what you guys think.