Chapter 41: Assassin for Hire

[Insert this soundtrack: Ancient China - Hans Zimmer & John Powell]

We begin this chapter with scenes in sepia tones, as they are all from the past.

"We all have our place in this world. People get it in different ways." - The narrator says.

We see Najenda, before losing her right eye and arm, convincing her army to rebel against the Empire, everyone willingly accepting.

"Some are born for their place in the world." - The narrator describes, as Najenda motivates her men.

We see the scene from the previous season, of Tatsumi touching Indra's snout for the first time.

"Others discover their place." - He describes as Tatsumi turns his face to Indra, who rests his snout on his hand, before opening his eyes.

After these flashbacks, we see other scenes in sepia that show a younger Chelsea, at the time when she was a maid to a king of the Empire. The redhead was standing in front of the king, with a confident smile.

 The redhead was standing in front of the king, with a confident smile

King: Your grades are among the highest, Chelsea. I expect much from you! - The fat man praises.

Chelsea: Thank you, sir! I will do my best! - The girl thanks him, with a slight bow.

King: I hope so.

Chelsea's original plans were to climb the ranks and marry a rich man.

"With others... it usually doesn't happen either way." - The narrator states.

One night, young Chelsea was carrying documents in a hallway, but she ends up overhearing a conversation through the crack of a door, and sees the king accepting bribes. This makes the redhead very angry.

The next day, Chelsea was watching, horrified, as the king hunted poor people in his garden for pure sport.

"But when the world around a person proves to be a hostile place..."

The scene changes, and we see Chelsea going down the stairs to a basement and holding a lamp. She opens a door and finds something with a mystical aura trapped inside a box. It was the Imperial Arm Phantasmagoria: Gaea Foundation. Chelsea felt as if the Arm was calling to her so that the young girl could use it.

 Chelsea felt as if the Arm was calling to her so that the young girl could use it