twenty-two: drunken confessions

gif of camilla

not proof-read!

My semi-drunk or drunk (Think however you will) was gone as I saw the red-headed woman who had a huge grin on her lips. Her eyes were filled with surprise and...Lovingness? 

Whoever this woman is, she seems pretty close with Marco. And I don't know what to think? Is it alright to be jealous? When I first met Rita I wasn't that jealous, just shocked that he still was in contact with a former lover of his. But now I stare at this woman, I have the green monster inside me wanting to claw this woman's eyes off.

There is definitely something wrong with me. Maybe it's the drunk me thinking.

She has a confident posture and her black short dress is revealing some cleavage and her bare back is in view.

"It is you." She breathes out in happiness. "Oh my God, Marco I-"

Marco, who looks pretty shell shock, cuts her off from saying anything else. "Camilla, can we talk another time? Today isn't the day right now."

This 'Camilla' woman frowns, but has a understanding look. "Alright. My number is the same and I moved back to my old house. Visit me when you are ready to talk." She nods her head respectfully to him and walks off, barely acknowledging my presence.

I stare at her until she is lost in sight then I turn back to Marco. "Who is she?" I ask.

"A blast from the past." He mumbles with slight anger in his voice.

A blast from the past? That doesn't sound very good.

I wanted to ask my questions, but my drunk, over-baring state wouldn't let me.

"Come on, let's go back home." Marco states, he grabs me by the hand and walks to the exit.

"B-But the cake!" I whine. We haven't even sang happy birthday...

He sighs. "I'll buy you cake later, okay?"

My frown turned to a huge grin. "Okay!"

"You are such a child when you're drunk" Marco says shaking his head.

A child? How insulting...

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Let me drive!" I whine. "You are so slow!"

It's like the car itself is not even moving. That's how slow he is.

Marco rolls his eyes, refusing me to drive. "You may drive faster then me, but in the end it is I who ends up keeping us alive."

"Are you insinuating something?" I accuse him as I raise my eyebrows. Did he mean that I was a terrible driver and will kill someone?

"I never said anything." He denies innocently.

For the rest of the car it is silent. Well actually, it was me going on and on and Marco nodding as he kept his eyes on the road.

It was then I remembered something important...

"Cake! You promised me cake!" I exclaim.

"What? You were serious about that?" Marco questions in shock. "We are almost back to the house though..."

I frown. "But I want cake now!"

Marco shakes his head. "Another time."

I could feel my eyes welling up. "C-cake..."

He stares at me wide-eyed as he saw tears in my eyes. "Fuck. Please don't cry." He begs uncomfortably.

My tears still didn't dry up. He took me away from the birthday cake...

I hear him sigh. "What cake do you want?"
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

~marco donati's pov~

Marco didn't do tears or he just didn't know how to deal with them. He was completely useless when it came to tears. He would just stare like a deer in headlights and he continued to stare waiting for the crying stop.

But what he didn't expect was to see tears welling up in Ophelia's eyes. It wasn't full on crying or sobbing. But it still made him uncomfortable.

Drunk Ophelia was certainly a handful. But amusing to see another side to her. The less serious, in denial side. She wasn't like most drunks that he had have met. Most woman he met where either the seducitve drunk, the in denial drunk, the angry drunk or the crying drunk.

Ophelia was almost a mixture, which made her way more interesting.

Marco sat across Ophelia as she took another bite of her cake. It had to be either her third cake and made him question where did all that cake go?

"Happy?" He asked sarcastically.

Ophelia grinned at Marco, which was a surprise. She would usually send a scowl or smirk in his way, but a grin he was not expecting. "Yep."

He carried on staring at Ophelia, who didn't notice that he was staring so intensely. She was too indulged on her cake to be paying attention.

"Why do you act so spoilt and cold around other people?" He wondered out loud.

She stopped eating her cake and sets her fork down. "Because it's what I have to do."

"What?"

"I spent my whole life with my father not even being a father. I was born just for some business deal. I want him to be proud that I am his daughter, I want him to praise me. I want to be that daughter that he wanted. I want to prove that I can the heir he always wanted in a son. I want to make him realise he didn't need a son, he just needed me."

Marco met Andres Kokinos before, he wasn't exactly a cuddly teddy bear. He swore his gaze sent goosebumps down his spine.

"How can your father be proud of you, if you can't be proud of yourself?" He spoke without thinking.

"Excuse me?" She asked rhetorically. He saw the shock in her eyes.

She cab be complicated. But if you just read between the lines you can see the real her. As fucking cheesy as it sounds.

She's freaking beautiful inside and out.

Oh fuck, where did this come from?

"Nothing, it's just me talking nonsense." He said in a hard tone. "Let's go."

He shot up from his seat getting a few notes from his pocket and slamming it down on the table. He quickly exited the cafe, waiting for Ophelia.

This whole entire aim was to make her fall in love with him so Marco could take over his father's legacy. 'But I think I'm falling for her instead.' He thought to himself.

Shit. This can't be happening.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

well another 3am chapter yaaay. I was suppose to be reading but it just came to writing this? Idk blame meh brain. AM I WRONG? (ARMY WHERE U AT?!)

Buuut it seems like Marco is doing the failing instead of Ophelia heheh

And Ophelia drunk 👌 slaaaay

What are u guys like when u are drunk? I'm very cheery and I seem to love everyone which is the complete opposite to my real self haha.

See you in the next chapter!

Have a lovely day or night!

Nat xxx