Chapter [ 22 ]

[ Flow & Mojo in the media ]

Mojo

I'm tired. I'm sick of this job. The people here are extremely annoying. I need a break. Flow is out of town with her art class.

She ended up passing her exam and her professor took her and a few others to New York for two weeks. It's only been 3 days without her which isn't that long for normal people, but it was far too long for me.

I missed my baby.

"Hey, you heading out?" someone tapped my desk.

I looked up at a pretty face and noticed that it wasn't someone I've  seen around. I stood up and looked her from head to toe.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just getting some things in order before I take off." I smiled softly as she batted her thick eyelashes at me.

"I'm Nelly." she extended her hand out to me.

"I'm Monica but just call me--"

"Mojo." she finished my sentence while shaking my hand.

It kind of made me blush. How'd she know my nickname?

"Yeah, Ive heard a lot about you and it's only my first day." she smirked.

I nodded and bit my lip. "Good things I hope?"

We voth began to laugh and she nodded.

"Yeah, very.. good things." she licked her lips and stepped closer.

I began to grow uncomfortable and moved around her. I knew when I was getting hit on and although I was flattered, I couldn't dare let someone besides Flow get close to me.

"It was nice meeting you, Nelly." I glanced at her once more and proceeded to the door of my office.

Wooh! I need to hear my baby's voice.

"Heeey baby! I miss you so much." Flow answered on the first ring. She sounded excited to hear from me.

"I miss you more, beautiful. What you doing?"

She ran down her whole schedule to me and then we chatted for a while longer. I pulled my keys out and unlocked the doors to my car.

"Mojo!"

I turned around and it was Nelly. She was rushing over to me. I saw her waving a folder. I shut my door and met her halfway.

"You dropped this on your way out." she handed me the folder.

I sighed and looked at the recent case I was assigned. I was planning to work on it this weekend.

"Thanks for this. I would've been pissed if I would've had to come back for it."

I opened my car door and got in. Nelly stared at me with her arms folded. I can't lie. She's a looker. But I'd have to pass this time.

-------------------------

9:30 p.m.

"You not gon come out tonight?" my buddy, Yassy, yelled into the phone.

She never liked to go out by herself. I was always the one she drug along whenever she went out. I smirked and shook my head. I guess I could go for a drink.

"Ight man, I'll meet you there."

I hung up and got ready. I showered, brushed my teeth again, got dressed, put my dreads up and sprayed on some smell good.

A part of me was excited but the other part wanted to undress and just go to sleep. I wanted Flow to be here. With me.

Ahh, I can't back out now. I already agreed to it and I'm one to stick to mu word. Fuck it, ain't shit but clubbing. I've done this before.

30 minutes later, I pull up to the club. I see Yassy waiting by her car all fitted up. I hopped out and we dapped it up before going inside.

Once inside, I went straight to the bar to get me a drink. Yassy was already over some females. I laughed to myself and pulled out my phone, texting Flow.

My message: I miss you baby. So much. I miss your face. Come back to me soon.

I locked my phone and drunk a little of my drink. Mmmm. The alcohol made me feel alive. I had a long lonely week. That's why I picked up extra days. I didn't want to be all alone at home all day.

My phone lit up and I sat my drink down. It was Flow. I smiled at the text and texted back.

I finished my drink and scanned the crowd. Not for anybody in particular. Everybody was dancing, drinking, just having a good ass time.

I was about to turn around and ask for another drink, but I saw a familiar face in the crowd.

Nelly.

........ And she was looking at me.

Fuck.