Chapter [26]

Flow

"Mmmf.." I stretch and reach to my left where Mojo's warm body is usually planted. But I felt nothing. No body. No warmth. No Mojo. Just cold sheets.

I opened my eyes and looked to where she was just peacefully sleeping hours before and frowned. That was extremely unusual.

I got up and searched for a note. Maybe she had just went to work early. I looked everywhere but found nothing. Strange.

I shrugged and went to the kitchen to make some coffee. I needed my daily morning kick. I was exhausted after that long passionate night with Mojo. She really put it down.

I giggled and bit my lip while scanning through the refrigerator.

"I'm not hungry." I said to myself and closed it shut. I walked back to the room and decided to get ready for school.

............

4hrs later..

"Can anybody explain to me what they think this portrait represents?" my professor asked.

I was sitting there. I was in class but I wasn't. I was doing everything except paying attention. I was worried. I hadn't heard from Mojo yet.

I've called and lefr voicemails. I've sents numerous texts. I just.. I don't know what's going on. I tried my hardest to focus on class but it was difficult.

After class was over, I rushed out of the room. I hurried back to the car which was left in the driveway. Mojo usually took the car wherever she went.

I threw my bookbag down in the passenger seat and texted Mojo again. It didn't send. I frowned.

"What the..." I watched as the message didn't go through for the second time.

What the hell was going on? I dialed Mojo's number and an operater picked up informing that the phone was disconnected.

I stared at the phonefor the longest. I was scared. Where was my baby?!?! Frustrating, I hung up and threw the phone. I started to shake. My hands were trembling. I knew that driving in this predicament wasn't a good idea.

I almost ended up dead for my road rage. I can't do that again. I sat back and worked on calming myself. Didn't work. I decided to call her parents. Maybe she went to visit them.

As I went to pick up my phone on the floor of the passenger side, I noticed a small note hanging out of the small compartment of my book bag.

I hadn't noticed this before. I unfolded the piece of paper and read the note:

Sometimes, in order to keep those we love safe, we have to sacrifice. I hope you can forgive me someday. I love you. Always will. You're amazing Flow. Never forget that.

Love, Mo.

..........

I saw a tear fall onto the paper before my eye sight went blurry. Keep who safe? Sacrifice? What?!? None of this made sense!