Chapter [ 1 ]

[ M O J O & F L O W ( in the media ) ]

Flow

The alarm clock did not hold a nigga down. It was 7:30 and I was rushing to get dressed for class. I had to be there by 9 and it took me almost a half an hour to get there. Exam day! Oh, my morning was not off to a good start. Mojo usually wakes me up for school when she gets up for work but we both overslept.

"I'm so sorry babe! I know today's your exam day. I was so tired.." she tried apologize.

"Hey, it's not your fault." I kissed her lips and rushed to the bathroom to fix my somewhat neat dreads.

So much was on my mind. What if he doesn't like my painting? What if I fail? I won't be able to digest the pain that I'll have no choice but to swallow if my professor doesn't approve my art creation.

My beautiful girl friend always tells me how beautiful my art is. I believe it if she says so. But not everyone has the same perspective about art so that's why I was so nervous about this exam. He instructed the class to paint something we most cared about.

Of course, I painted Mojo. She was laying down half naked, only wrapped in a bed sheet. One nipple poking from beneath the soft fabric, and she was looking as sanguine as ever. Her long dread locks sprawled across the pillow her head rested on and her face.. that face was like heaven to my eyes. I just pray to God other see it the same way.

So many people asks me, "Why do you always paint your girlfriend? Why don't you ever paint other things?" I usually smile at those type of questions. Its simply becaue Mojo is art. My favorite piece of art. Nobody will ever understand how ambitious and loving she is. No one will ever truly understand my obsession with her behind each painting. I do paint other things, but Mojo is the main key to all of my art work.

It's become an addiction. Painting her, that is. She's always being silly when I need her to stay still or look a certain way which makes it even more special. Her smile alone gives me the urge to pick up a paint brush. Whem we're out in public, her small indications of affection and love makes me the happiest woman on Earth. And I am.

At least I feel I am. There's always those awkward but sweet moments where she asks me how much she means to me or vice versa. Some nights we stay up all night and talk about our future. Starting off, we were focusing on just growing such a remarkable bond and after fours years in a relationship with her (nonstop) I can finally say that there's nothing or no one I want more than my Mojo.

It took so much time knowing her inside and out. Her mood swings, her dislikes, her favorite things to do. All of the simple things that we consist of is what shaped our friendship which blossomed into a healthy relationship. We're very free. Very comfortable with ourselves.

"I habe the car running. I'm ready when you are." Mojo was standing in the doorway of the bathroom watching me finish getting ready.

She was wearing some sweats and a black hoodie. She must've put her hair up when she got up because they were no longer down. She looked so tired. My poor baby. I would've driven myself if she didn't have to work today.

"Okay, I'm ready." I smiled at myself and walked out of the bathroom.

We both hurried down the stairs and I grabbed my art piece then we were out the door. Mojo sped through traffic as fast as she could. She kept glancing at me from time to time, telling me how she knew they'd love my work and how proud she was of me. When she said things like that, I knew everything would be ok.

"Alright, so when you get in there. I want you to go kick some artistic ass for me okay?" I giggled and leaned over to kiss her.

Her mouth was my addiction. Her tongue tasted like honey to me. I wanted to suck her mouth dry. She literally quenches my thirst. And I get thirsty for her quite often. She's such a good kisser too.

"Ok, I love you!" I told her. She told me she loved me back.

I opened the car door and got my piece from the backseat. I felt my stomach knot up as I waved goodbye to Mojo.

Okay, here goes nothing.

Mojo

I seriously needed to go home and sleep some more before I got my day started. Flow thinks I have to work but I only told her that so I could do something special for her.

What's the occasion? There isn't a specific one. Should there be, anyway? I just love to do nice things for her. I want to show her how proud I am of her with her success in school and just being supportive of me. She's always on my back abiut work so I want to show her some appreciation.

I also hope her exams go well. I know her art exam is the one shes mostly nervous about but whether she passes or not, I'm gonna make her feel as if she's the best creative artist in the world. In my book, she is. She puts so much passion into her drawings. When I fake model for her, she's so beautiful with the way she focuses. Her eyebrows slightly furrows, her eyes darting back and forth from the paper and me. She bites the corner of her lip and sits up as straight as possible when editing every detail.

I never say much. I don't want to distract her. I remember a few times where she went crazy just because I asked a question while she was painting. She takes it seriously is what I'm trying to point out. I just listen to what she asks and let her do what she knows best.

My phone buzzed. I checked it and saw that it was a text from my beloved queen;

'Pray 4 me. :('

I smiled and texted back:

'You're gonna kick ass. Especially since I'm on that paper'

A few seconds later she sent me a text back with a heart emoji and a laughing one. Silly butt.

I drove home and was no longer tired. I cleaned up the house, from the kitchen and living room downstairs, to everywhere upstairs. The rose pedals that I picked out a few days prior was still in its hiding spot. I got them and went back down stairs to put them everywhere.

I smiled and thought of what her reaction would be. She so deserves to be taken care of and I made sure I did that as much as possible.

I made a heart shape on the middle of our queen size bed and took out the champagne from our mini fridge we had in our room. That may sound fat but it came in handy. Flow had asked me what the bottle was for but I just told her that it was meant for a special occasion.

Something told me to cook her favorite meal, spaghetti and garlic bread with salad. Its early and I know she has exams all day so I won't cook that until 5:30 or so. I think I may bake her favorite fudge brownies.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for my girl friend. I've come to realization of knowing what unconditional love feels like. We didn't have this fancy house or my fancy car starting off in our relationship. We were both just graduating high school and had no idea we'd be this far in life so soon. We started off with very little and somehow made the best out of it and soon came the benefits from it.

I don't care how hard life becomes, as long as I'm with my baby, nothing will break me. I only rememebr one time where we almost broke up. And that tore me apart. We argued over and over about something that

I dare not bring up anymore. I almost lost my better half. I don't want to start over with anyone. I want to learn and grow more and more each day with my best friend. My homie. My one and only.

After decorating the house with rose pedals and sweet tarts (her favorite candy) I went and took a shower. The warm water made me think of Flow. Her warm tongue on my skin. My hands on her lower back. Our bodies in synch with one another.

I'm afraid to think about the possible outcomes of me not meeting her when I did. Like where would I be right now? I don't even know if I'd be totally sane because she's only thing that has kept me from losing my mind. That girl is beyond AMAZING. She's perspicacious in every way possible. She's every lesbian's "dream girl." But too bad, I got her first.

And uh.. she's not going anywhere.