Enough

Ever since James' surprise party, it seemed like the Gryffindor fifth years had found peace with each other. What with all the shit this year had put them through, Sirius was more than ready to kick back and welcome a problem free spring—

       He messed with the grass in the shade of a tall tree, rolling the green ribbons between his thumb and index finger as Marlene shoved at James' shoulder.
        "You are actually so full of shit! You would look deranged with any hair color other than black—" James held up his hand.
         "I'm not saying I SHOULD be blonde. I'm just saying if I WAS blonde it would make a lot of
sense—" Lily and Remus squinted at him, but Sirius nodded.
         "No, he's right— Like he doesn't look like he should be blonde, but he's got the blonde boy personality." Marlene raised an eyebrow as Sirius explained himself. "He's goofy, smug, and stupid in a way that's like— Weirdly compelling.." Marlene snorted loudly and Peter frowned.
         "Hey—" Sirius grinned, nudging into Peter's shoulder.
         "Love ya, Petey~"
         Peter shoved him off, mumbling grumpily to himself.
         "Yeah, whatever." Mary looked his way, smiling widely.
        "C'mon— Girls love blondes, now don't they?"
        Nobody else seemed to notice, but Sirius caught a small glance to the side where Dorcas sat, smiling softly. Peter just shrugged.
         "Do they really though.." Mary shot a hair band towards him, grinning.
         "Aw don't sulk— I know a couple ravenclaws who are into chess players." Peter shook his head, but there was a smile tugging at the corners of his lips as Mary leaned back.

          "Well anyways— Thank god Potter isn't blonde cause if he had those scary ass blue eyes I think I'd freak." James opened his mouth in mock offense as Dorcas laid a hand on Marlene's arm.
          "Whiteboy James Potter isn't real.. He can't hurt you.." 

          With that, the circle collapsed into giggles and Sirius let himself fall back against the grass.
          He stared up at the blue sky he could see through the tree's branches, feeling sunspots warming his cheeks. Then he glanced to the side. Remus was laughing softly, shoulders shaking and hair bouncing around his eyes. Sirius smiled at the sight. Then, slowly, he stuck out his arm. The boy's face shifted slightly as he looked over at Sirius's outstretched hand. It was still a smile, but it was a softer one. Privately delighted.
         Remus grabbed his hand gently, interlocking their fingers and squeezing slightly. The motion was so small, but it made Sirius feel something he didn't think he'd ever felt before— He somehow didn't feel that nervousness in his chest, painfully aware of how many people there were around him— He didn't feel the need to pull away just because someone could've been watching— just for this moment it was maybe okay that he and Remus were 'together.' That his friends could maybe sort of tell. He felt the boy's warm palm pressed against his cool one and that was maybe enough. Just for the moment.