Mudblood

Sirius sat at a desk in the Great Hall, leaned back in his exam chair. The only sounds in the room apart from the soft tap of his sneaker were the scratching of quills and the occasional rustle as somebody adjusted their parchment.
Sunshine was streaming through the high windows and he squinted as it shone in his eyes. He'd dragged himself through the final stretch, now free to think about nothing but the warm air that had been urging him to goof off for the past week.

"Five more minutes!"

Sirius glanced up to see Professor Flitwick walking past James. He watched as the boy ran his fingers through his hair, turning around to flash him a cheeky sort of grin. Sirius grinned right back, sending him a wink as Flitwick cleared his throat.

"Quills down, please!" Professor Flitwick's voice squeaked out, eyebrows furrowed. "That means you too, Stebbins! Please remain seated while I collect your parchment! Accio!"
Sirius watched, with the delighted air of a free man as his exam paper zoomed towards the other hundreds of parchment rolls making their way into Professor Flitwick's outstretched arms. He had to stifle a laugh as the sheer force of all those papers knocked the old wizard clean off his feet. Several other people giggled while a couple hurried to help the man back up again. He cleared his throat, seeming collect himself before calling out,
"Thank you... thank you," Rather breathlessly. Then he nodded decidedly, waving his hands. "Very well, everybody, you're free to go!"

Sirius made his way over to James, clapping him on the back as a couple girls lingered around the desk in front of them. James messed with his hair again.
"Piece of cake, eh?" Sirius mocked a very solemn expression, nodding his head.
"I'm a very studious man, Potter.." James snorted, smacking at his shoulder and nudging him forward.
The two of them talked and laughed, making their lazy way towards the table a number of rows back where Remus stood, packing up his bag. He looked up as Sirius leaned a hand against the desk.
"Went well enough." He said, voice pleasant as he shouldered the bag and gestured for Peter to catch up to them. They began to walk.
"We're free men." James said with a grin. Remus pursed his lips.
"Until our N.E.W.T.s.." Sirius heard Peter groan loudly.
"Don't remind me.."
Sirius laughed, brushing his hair out of his eyes as the lot of them emerged into the entrance hall, already feeling a breeze that wanted to be summer.
"Did you like question ten, Moony?" He asked cheekily.
"Loved it," Remus said with a fond smile. "Give five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question." Sirius and James exchanged a smile.
"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern.
"Think I did," Remus said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as they joined the crowd of students making for the grounds.
"One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin..." Sirius giggled, nudging into the boy's shoulder and Remus looked softly down. He licked his lips as his eyes crinkled.
"I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes, and the tufted tail," Peter said anxiously, "but I couldn't think what else—" Sirius couldn't help but laugh. The joke mustn't even have grazed the boy's hair as it flew over his head..
"How thick are you, Pete?" James said, ruffling blonde hair with a grin. "You run round with a werewolf once a month—"
At that, Remus's peaceful expression went a bit pinched, leaning over to smack the boy's shoulder.
"Keep your voice down," he whispered rather urgently and James shot him an apologetic look.

The four of them finally made it out into the gorgeous spring day that would serve as their reward for the days and days of stress and late nights hunched over their parchment. They made their way down the lawn to the lake.
"Well, I thought that paper was a piece of cake," Sirius said, his careless footsteps thumping against the grass as they made it down a sloping portion of the lawn. "I'll be surprised if I don't get Outstanding on it at least."
"Me too," said James, shoving his hand in his pocket. Sirius watched curiously as he dug around, eventually taking out a struggling Golden Snitch. Sirius raised an eyebrow.
"Where'd you get that?" The boy looked up, golden ball clutched carefully in his fingers.
"Nicked it," he said casually. Sirius watched as he began playing with the Snitch, allowing it to fly as much as a foot away and seizing it again; his reflexes were excellent as always.. Peter gawked and Sirius rolled his eyes. Show-off..