Part 36

"That'll be £10.50"

Taeyong leaned on the counter as he watched over Jaewoo in the high chair while Yuta talked with a customer.

"Just for my own sanity" sighed Taeyong, glancing at Jaewoo "i hope you are not as oblivious as your brother"

"Tae, I need to go to the bathroom" said Yuta, taking his apron off "man the counter while im gone?"

"Seriously? when we're really busy" said Taeyong, sarcastically "i don't know how i'm going to cope"

"You'll live" laughed Yuta, as he walked towards the bathroom "see ya"

"I'm not exactly alone cause I have you" chuckled Taeyong, looking at Jaewoo who cooed loudly 

"What about the customers?"

Taeyong turned to the voice expecting to see Yuta, only to see the last person he'd expect.

"D-Doyoung? what are you doing here?" asked Taeyong, automatically fixing his apron

"Well, we are having a break during practice" started Doyoung, leaning on the counter "so i decided to come here and get some refreshments"

"And hopefully with a family discount"

"Oh so you're only here for a discount" teased Taeyong, raising an eyebrow "i feel betrayed"

"No I'm not only here for the discount" chuckled Doyoung "i'm here to meet Jaewoo who i've heard so much about"

"Great, knock yourself out" said Taeyong "he doesn't talk much so it might be hard to have a conversation"

"I know" said Doyoung, going around the counter "I'm not stupid"

"Hi Jaewoo, I'm doie!"

"D-D-D" muttered Jaewoo, trying to reach out to Doyoung "ie"

"He likes you" said Taeyong "you can definitely get a family discount now"

"Well thanks" laughed Doyoung "can i have five coffees and five slices of lemon drizzle to take away?"

"One coffee with one slice of Red velvet cake to have here and whatever you want?" 

"Ok so six coffees, five slices of lemon drizzle and one slice of Red velvet cake?" said Taeyong "and whatever i wan- wait what?"

"I find it awkward to eat alone" said Doyoung "wanna join me?"

"I have to man the counter cause my best friend is having a toilet break" sighed Taeyong "sorry"

"I can sit behind the counter with you and help" said Doyoung, giving Taeyong a hopeful look "if you want me to"

"It would be nice to have some company" said Taeyong "and we aren't busy right now"

"Cool" said Doyoung, sitting on the seat next to Taeyong "so do you normally look after Jaewoo when they're in class?"

"Yeah, its fine cause we love him like a brother" said Taeyong, cutting the slices of cake "how's practice going?"

"Oh its going good" said Doyoung, as Taeyong place the cake in front of him "we're just getting ready for the semi finals"

"Congrats by the way" said Taeyong "you must be really proud"

"I am" sighed Doyoung "they are like my kids"

"Wow, you guys are as clueless as Markmin" The two turned to the voice of Yuta "this is awful"

"Shut up" scoffed Taeyong, as Yuta leaned on the counter "you're so annoying"

"And you two are being stupid" 

"Hey Tae, do you want to go out sometime?" asked Doyoung, turning to Taeyong with a grin 

"Sure" said Taeyong "i'd love to"

"Who's stupid now?"

"Still you guys"