Part 52

[This chapter contains mentions of death, terrible parenting please proceed with caution.... 😭]

"Thanks for coming and for driving us" Jaemin was sat in the backseat with Mark and Donghyuck drove with Renjun in the passenger seat. The others back at the dorm were looking after Jaewoo as they thought it might be a bit too overwhelming for him to come as well.

"Its not problem Minnie" said Donghyuck "we're here with you for support"

"Yeah, we won't let you do anything on your own" comforted Mark, placing his hand in Jaemin's

Jaemin smiled at Mark, he felt happy and content to have them by his side.

"We're here" said Renjun, as Donghyuck stopped the car "are you ok Minnie?"

"Yes, it's just been a while since I've seen her" sighed Jaemin, as they got out of the car "i feel bad"

"Don't feel bad Min" said Mark, squeezing Jaemin's hand "im sure she'll understand"

Jaemin walks towards the door, Mark holding his hand tightly and Renhyuck closely behind them.

He lifts his hand to knock, when he heard hurried footsteps behind him.

"Na Jaemin what the fuck?!" Jaemin turned and saw his mother standing there in her full glory.

"Mum? I thought you were in Singapore" said Jaemin

"No, I've been here for two weeks filming a new movie" scoffed Jaemin's mum

"So you didn't decide to visit?" said Renjun, raising an eyebrow "how nice of you"

"Shut up huang" scoffed Jaemin's mum "I'm busy"

"Why are you here?" asked Jaemin, frowning at his mum "are you here to see grandma too?"

"Uh yes" stammered Jaemin's mum "i just didn't think you'd go and see her"

"Why not?" said Jaemin "i want to know what my childhood was like"

"Like any normal childhood" said Jaemin's mum "now that its been answered will you leave?"

"No" said Jaemin "i want to see grandma"

Jaemin reached out and knocked on the door, a few seconds later an old woman opens it, a giant smile on her face.

"Oh minnie, I'm so happy to see you again!" the old woman pulled Jaemin into a hug "and you brought your friends and- Chaehyun, what are you doing here?"

"Um I'm here to see you silly!" said Jaemin's mum, putting on a fake smile "come on, lets all go in"

The group walked in as Jaemin's grandma gave them a tour, Jaemin's eyes were wandering around the place, a frown on his face.

"What's up min?" whispered Mark, squeezing Jaemin's hand

"I don't remember this house" said Jaemin "I've lived here for most of my life"

"Well you were young so maybe its harder to remember?" suggested Mark

"I did leave at 11" sighed Jaemin "when i started boarding school"

"But i could have still remembered"

"Jaemin went to boarding school?" asked Renjun "why?"

"The schools near here were rubbish" scoffed Jaemin's mum "and i wanted him to go to an expensive school"

"This is where Jaemin used to play with his toys" said Jaemin's grandma "ah he'd spend hours here"

"Grandma, do you have any photos?" asked Jaemin