chapter 2

"Mitchiko this is your roommate Shuntaro Chishiya" Kuina tells me

I didn't know how to feel, this Chishiya guy scared the shit out of me i'm not gonna lie.

He was on the shorter side but still taller than me, his eyes gave off some kind of warning.

A predatorial look, like a serial killer almost. His hair was long and stark white.

He stared me down with a look I've never seen before, almost like he was planning something. He looked fucking dangerous.

It was almost like Kuna could hear my thoughts as she bent down to whisper in my ear

"Don't worry he's harmless for the most part"

"Nice to meet you" I say to him eyeing my belongings next to what seemed to be my bed.

Chishiya nodded, he hasn't bothered to even stand to greet me. He simply lay on his bed with his laptop open. 

"Right so I'll leave you to get unpacked and such, feel free to decorate your side of the room however you want. Chishiya prefers mental asylum decor to actual colours as you can see" Kuina tells me gesturing to Chishiya all white get up.

I can hear Chishiya's eye roll as he continues typing into his mac. I say nothing in response as I don't want to piss him off as my first impression.

"I'll come get you at 6 for dinner, just chill till then okay" 

"Okay" I smile at her

And with that Kuina is gone and i'm left to explore the large  dorm.

I checked out the bathroom first, it had a large bath and a shower, it felt like a hotel bathroom. But somehow grander. I was glad Kuina was right about my roommates intensely good hygiene. The bathroom was immaculate and immediately I wanted to take a bath.

I wanted to get my side of the room decorated first before I did anything. I wanted to feel at home as best I could.

Chishiya said nothing else to me as i started, but i could feel his cold eyes bearing into back.

"Sorry do you need something?" I ask trying to be as pleasant with my tone as possible

"No" He says monotonously "just wondering why your polluting my room with those outrageous colours"

I drop my book on the desk, hard. And then round to look at him, still typing away into his stupid laptop.

"Our room" I correct him

"Yeah well we'll see how long you last wont we" He smiles at me, that was the first time he'd smiled in the short time I'd been here.

It was strange how he was the only student in this entire academy without a dorm mate. I was going to find out why one way or the other.

I was pretty academically competitive i've always been top of my class, i was a natural academic. School had always been easy for me, but rich kids were usually smart so maybe i'd have a bit more of a challenge here. But despite this I was determined to make it to the top.

I suddenly came to embarrassing realisation of changing, thank god for the bathroom.

I locked myself in and quickly changed out of my clothes and slipped on the uniform. It was gorgeous and suited my body perfectly.

I found it kind of pointless to wear a uniform just for an hour or less of the day only to take it off immediately. Another problem was the fact that i'd never tied a tie in my life, we had clip on's at my old school.