chapter 5

Are you fucking serious right now, It was 11 at night and I was stuck in an elevator. I thought this school was supposed to be unbelievably wealthy, so why was the elevator acting up?

Chishiya presses the emergency button but says nothing, he looked so calm. I don't know how he did it. 

"What do we do?" I ask slumping down on the floor in  corner, my legs were tired. My whole body ached with exhaust.

"We wait" He leaned against the wall, his arms similar to how he was when he woke me up.

I stand up and take one strap of my bag off Chishiya, the other still dangling off his upper arm. I rummage through my bag and find my Japanese playscript, i wanted to memorise as many quotes as I could from the play in case it came up in the final exams.

"Really?" Chishiya asks, skepticism rooted in his voice.

I slammed the book into my knees my head darting up to find out exactly what the problem was.

"What? Literally what?" I huff 

He walks over to me and crouches in front of me, he snatches the book from my lap and scoffs at the cover. Chishiya looks up from the book and opens his stupid mouth again "Your studying at a time like this? We're stuck in an elevator at 11pm, maintenance isn't coming to get us. And you're studying?" 

I snatch the book away from him and put it back in the bag he now had placed on the floor in front of me. 

"What else am I supposed to do?" I demand 

"We could get to know each other maybe, considering we're going to have to be roommates for the next few years" He tells me beside me, nearly close enough for our legs to touch. 

"Get to know each other? I don't hate the idea" I say, truth was i quite liked the idea. Maybe if I knew him well I could make this roomsharing bearable. And somehow find a way to knock him down from being number one. Hie head leant against the wall, turned to face me. His stare was hard and cold, and I really couldn't tell what he was thinking. It was killing me.

"Why do you stare so much" I ask

"I don't stare"

"Yes you do. You stare all the time. You do it more than you breath Chishiya"

"I don't stare. I just watch people" the blonde tells me as if this was some monumental fact that changed anything said previously 

"That's the same thing" I laugh

"I only watch things that interest me, so you should be flattered really" 

That caught me off guard a little bit, i had to take a moment to think about what he had said. Why did that make my insides flutter in the strangest way, ew oh my god. Tell me i wasn't attracted to him? God that's super unhelpful

"Whatever you're still weird. Why's your hair so long" I say not even pausing between shifting topics.

"Why's your hair so long?" He counters argumentatively with a small smile

"Actually you know what, keep your hair like that. Maybe I can convince everyone I'm sharing my dorm with a girl" I tell him taking a lock of his hair in hands and playing with it between my hands.

It was surprisingly soft, I might have to steal his shampoo and conditioner i'd seen in our bathroom.

Chishiya rolls his eyes but says nothing. I continue playing with his hair for a bit, braiding two or three bits, not big enough for him to notice.

"Right, i think we've been in here long enough" Chishiya sighs.

He stands to his feet, his scent lingering behind him as he walks to the shut metal doors. He smelt sweet, like vanilla and sugar. Now I was kinda hungry.

I was curious as to what his plan was, I watched his pulled a metallic pen out the pocket of his white jacket and pushed it between the line closing us in. He kept pushing it till there was a 10cm gap. Luckily we weren't stuck between floors, we were halfway up what looked like ours. We'd have to jump inhumanly high to get out of this.

Chishiya removes his jacket and dumps it on the floor beside him. That was the first time I'd seen his arms. As strange as that sounds, to bed he wore a loose long sleeved shirt. In his uniform he always wore that jacket over his uniform. 

Right now under his jacket, he wore a tight black short sleeve that clung to his body in a way that was doing some weird things to me. His body was the definition of attractive, his arms were veiny and relatively built. 

It caught me off guard and I couldn't help but gasp a little bit, he said nothing, but he definitely heard me.

"Help me push" He says turning his head to look at me.

He caught me staring, kill me now. 

I jump up and grab onto the other side of the door and begin to push it as hard as I can. 

It was heavy as shit but after a few seconds we manage to get it open.

Without any warning, Chishiya grabs my hips and lifts me high enough for me to crawl out.

"Thanks" I say as he chucks my bag out before lifting himself out with ease.

Thank god we were out of the elevator, and thank god i was wearing shorts under my skirt. But i was pretty much starving from all the pushing. Not that did much anyways, Chishiya managed to get his side all the way, i only got mine half.

Maybe i'd bring him something back from my travels to steal from the kitchen. I needed to go to the store to get some secret snacks, if we were even allowed to leave. I should probably ask Kuina about that.

"Well goodnight then" I tell Chishiya hauling my bag over my shoulder and beginning to walk away.

"Where are you going? Our dorm is this way" He asks nodding his head in the opposite direction.

"I'm hungry, i'm gonna rob the kitchen" I shrug still walking towards the second elevator, praying it doesn't break down as well.

Chishiya groans but i can hear fast footsteps behind me. 

"Why are you following me?" I ask pressing the elevator button more times than I needed to.

"You don't this school well enough to make good judgement calls so i'll let you off this time" He tells me, well that's backhanded "There's certain students who like to lurk around after dark, not the kind you'll want to have a run in with. I don't want Kuina on my back if I left you to wonder around this place at midnight and something happened to you"

"Right of course, you're worried about Kuina being mad at you" Not because he was worried something might happen to me. Why would he be anyways? "Well cmon then" I tell him doing well to bring back my usual normal level of enthusiasm back to my tone.