chapter 43

It was Friday, I'd managed to forget about Banda and my father all week. Classes had gone by quickly and i felt so much happier. Things had settled back to normal quite soon, everything was in it's right place.

I'd been hanging out in Kuina and Usagi's room when I recieved a text from Arisu

'Tonight'

Immediately I understood his cryptic phrasing, it clicked quickly due to the fact that Usagi was getting dressed for her date with him at this exact moment. During nationals, Arisu had expressed how he wanted to make it special for Usagi and I had promised to get Kuina out of the room for when he planned it.

So as Usagi bid us both goodbye and fled out the dorm leaving Kuina and I on our own.

I stood up and brushed my self off "Cmon your sleeping over tonight" I tell her, her face immediately lighting up at the idea.

"Oh my gosh yes! Our first sleepover!" She exclaims excitedly, clasping her hands together.

It was sweet how excited she was, and i have to say myself i was feeling the exact same. I didn't have many friends in Okinawa, the ones i did have I was never close with them. But now having Kuina, Usagi too, was so special to me. This was my first experience with girlhood really.

After helping her pack a small bag of pyjamas and such, we trekked the long and tiresome 2 minute journey to my dorm.

As I opened the door I was met with the familiar smell of the vanilla candle Chishiya had lit a couple hours prior. But Chishiya was nowhere to be seen, i'd assume he was in the gym or swimming possibly so i paid no mind to his absence.

After attempting to get comfortable on my bed together we ended up giving up and building a blanket fort. It was the most reasonable option to cure our boredom and our discomfort.It took us 30 minutes to successfully build the fort and get settled inside with my laptop watching a new movie.

"So, tell me about you and Ann" I prompted turning on my side with my head rested on my hand and eager expression. Kuina smiled and looked away for a moment before indulging me on every major and minor detail from the past couple of weeks.

It wasn't long before we both felt extremely exhausted and I felt my self slowly drifting to sleep.

KUINA'S POV

An hour after Mitchi fell asleep, Chishiya returned. I carefully stood up, taking care to keep the fort intact and remain quiet.

Chishiya didn't seem surprised to see me and simply nodded in my direction before gliding past me to find Mitchiko. I pulled him by his sleeve and held a finger to my mouth before nodding in her direction.

He caught on and allowed me drag him back outside of the dorm where I could speak my mind at any volume I like.

He looked tired, more so than usual.

"Have you fixed this yet?" I began "Mitchiko has been trying to convince me and herself that's she okay with it all, but she clearly isn't. No one would be knowing she could be sent back and married off to some rich ballsack any day now"

Chishiya nodded in agreement "I know, i've contacted her father" He tells me crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"What did you say?" I ask cautiously, I didn't realize he'd actually speak to him. When he explained the whole thing to me during our study session the other day, I didn't expect him to locate and contact Mitchi's dad so quickly.

"I've asked him to meet me at a diner to talk"

My eyes widen slightly "When?"

"45 minutes"