chapter 22

We get back onto the coach, setting off a few minutes later than we were supposed to. A couple of 9th graders got lost on the highway so we had to wait for Ms Mira and Mr Kuzuryu to hunt them down.

Chishiya had surprisingly shared the snacks he'd impulsively bought from the gas station with Arisu. I thought i'd have to smuggle some to him.

I was still exhausted, and still a bit cold but I couldn't resist oreo's. After we finished over half of everything, Arisu fell asleep immediately.

"Can i have another pill?" I ask Chishiya

"I gave you vitamin D" He confesses

"What?" I gasp "But it worked!" I was very very confused.

He just shrugged with an all knowing smirk.

"Oh god" I sigh trying to sleep again. The chair was pissing me off and Arisu was talking in his sleep, how he managed to sleep so soundly on a coach surrounded by strangers, I didn't get.

Chishiya slings his arm round my shoulder, pulling me closer against him. Gently, he pushes my head against his shoulder which felt surprisingly warm, his hair brushing against my skin. It smelt so good, he smelt so good. In the non creepiest way possible I could just sit and smell him all day and i'd find that to be a very content, well spent day.

Again, not in a creepy way.

"Right so as I said before on the coach, get your room key, get settled, meet in the games room in 2 hours for the first competition. If you need anything before then, there is a supermarket, a 2 minute walk down the street from here. Just go with a buddy, i don't want to see anyone wandering around on their own" Ms Mira tells us all whilst Mr Kuzuryu spoke to the hotel receptionist.

After getting our keys, I noticed I was on a whole different floor to Chishiya with my own room. It would be weird to be so far from him for the next few nights.

"Come to my room" Chishiya says lowly in my ear

"Soon" I tell him, I had a lot to do if he wanted to do what i think he wanted to do.

"Hurry" He pleads as we approach my door.

I felt kind of sorry for Arisu, I had no idea why did this kind of thing threes. Everyone knows a three is always just a pair and an extra. But he didn't seem to mind it very much.

I'll admit i wasn't too fond of him at first, especially during the Usagi laughing incident. I've spoken to him in a couple classes since, he's alright. He's nice, seems very noble and good hearted. And i know he cares for Usagi deeply, they were honestly so cute together. Arisu's room was right next to Chishiya's.

See the way the rooms were, was that the two rooms were connected with a sitting room/kitchen between. Accessible by both. So it was kind of like a mini 2 bed apartment.

The girl I was supposed to be "sharing" with was in the year below me in the 10th grade. Urumi, she was number three in her grade. She was cute, like in a toy doll kind of way. Whenever i'd seen her around school, she was always sucking on a lollipop, or eating mikado, or some kind of oral oriented sweet.

Perhaps it was some kind of thing that smart people loved sweets. Someone should do a study...

"Hey i'm Mitchiko" I introduce myself to her, holding a hand out.

"Oh i know who you are" She tells me with a smile, shaking my hand. "I'm Urumi"

"You're the one with the hot boyfriend" She adds, i drop her hand and give her a smile as genuinely as I can.

"Yeah i guess I am"

What a weird thing to say to someone you just met. Upon talking to her, I realised that she was in fact a little stranger than i thought. Yes she was cute, and looked a little like a doll that a child from the 50s would play with. But she had an edge to her, much like Chishiya. But instead of being stupendously snarky, apathetic 80% of the time, and lowkey a narcissistic, she was manipulative. I could see through her easily, she was scheming and fake. I knew it.