chapter 32

As we head up the lift, his eyes rested on me watching my every motion. It was killing me.

We got back to his bedroom, and i removed my shoes and hurried to Arisu's room. I knocked lightly and then waited for him to tell me to come in.

I could hear he was still on call with Usagi.

"Arisu we brought you food from the store" I say quietly not wanting to interrupt his time with her.

"Oh thank you Mitchiko" He thanks giving me a friendly smile

"Is that Mitchiko? Give her your phone please!! Quick!"I hear her through the phone.

Arisu slides off his bed and hands me his phone before collapsing back onto his mattress face down.

"Heyy" I greet

"Let's get right into it Mitchi, we've been hearing horror stories from Arisu everyday about you and Chishiya" Kuina begins jumping into the call

"Horror stories? Like what?" I ask too tired to be understanding right now

"Arisu said when you and Chishiya have sex it sounds like he's murdering you!" Usagi explains i could hear her grin through the phone

"Did he now..." I say "It's not my fault i swear, Chishiya's just really good at...it" I trail off blushing like a madman

"You're traumatising Arisu you silly girl!" Kuina laughs

"He has PTSD because of you two" Usagi says

"I brought him food as an apology" I say quietly as i watch Arisu eating the rice bowl i brought.

"Oh well in that case it's okay, you can make anything up to arisu with food" Usagi tells me

"Very good to know thank you, i gotta go now guys, i have something to sort out " I say before bidding a few goodbyes and tossing Arisu his phone back.

Reluctantly, i crept back into Chishiya's room ignoring the fact he already lying in his bed reading. I placed the bag beside him and went to put my shoes back on.

"Where are you going?" He sighed.

I paused for a moment. "My room"

"Why?"

"To sleep"

The tension was thick and I didn't know how to deal with it, so i was planning to just leave. That was apparently not what he had in mind, he stares at me again expectantly. I huff in defeat and search through my bag for my pyjamas. I'd pretty much moved all of my shit into here anyways, Urumi was too much for me too handle right now.

After changing i sit on the sheets cross legged in front of him. He was shirtless with pyjama pants on only, i could see the bandage on his shoulder that i'd applied earlier. Her bled through it a bit so i knew i should re apply it. You'd be surprised how much damage i'd done. I pull first aid kit i'd found in the sitting room off the drawer besides him and rummage through it.

"When did you meet Banda" Chishiya asks me finally bringing it up. He grabs my hips and pulls me into his lap to straddle him.

"Night of Urumi's party" I tell him, quickly glancing at his face to check he wasn't mad. I begin unwrapping the bandage from earlier, the one i'd done in a rush. Hadn't even cleaned it, i don't know what I was thinking.

"What happened?" He asks

"He was just joking about all the alcohol i took, but it was weird. Cause he knew my name even though i never told him. Didn't even introduce myself at all"

"And when did he tell you to bring me to that street?"

I wiped the dried blood away with an antiseptic wipe as gently as I could, he didn't wince once which was impressive as hell.

"When i went out to smoke" I admit "He said i had to bring you and implied he'd hurt me and others if I didn't. But he promised me he wouldn't hurt you so I had to agree"

He stays silent saying nothing for what felt like an eternity before finally saying something "I see"

I stared at him waiting for some other reaction other than that, but there was nothing. He just smiled up at me staring back. I didn't know what to do, i didn't know how to move forward from here.

The scratches on his shoulder would start bleeding again if i didn't rewrap it. I took the bandages and raised his bicep with my hand, wrapping under and over to cover the mark.

"If he comes near you again run away" Chishiya tells me in a more serious tone.

"No, i'm not going to run away from him. He's pathetic, i can take him." I say back

"I know" He breathes looking away from me, something he didn't do often very often "You don't understand Mitchiko. He's driven, he will do anything to hurt me"

I can feel his icy fingertips trailing up and down my waist ever so slightly,

"Why?" I question. Banda had told me it was more than just pranks. I thought he was just deranged, but now I'm thinking about it it's more than strange to be so mad over hazing. There had to be more that I wasn't being told, no person could hold such anger and spite for something so childish.

"It doesn't matter" He dismisses

"It does matter" I insist

"I'm not telling you"

This hurt a bit. I don't know why he felt he couldn't tell me there couldn't possibly be anything so horrible that he had to hide it from me. His expression was something i'd never seen before, there was no anger towards me but his eyes were deceitful. He was clearly hiding something and he felt guilty, Shuntaro Chishiya was feeling guilty.

You know that phrase 'when pigs fly' this was rarer than that. Chishiya never felt guilty for anything. Absolutely everything he did had a purpose and a meaning and was always well thought out leaving no room for regret.

"What did you do?" I ask

He looks at me again, the guilt becoming more and more evident in his eyes spreading to the rest of him.

"I can't tell you"

"Tell me"

"No Mitchiko"

"Why?!"

"Just drop it" He tells me, not harshly but cold. Very cold.

"Chishiya i swear to god, tell me or i'll ask him myself" I say through gritted teeth forcing him to look at me.

"You won't" He doubts

"I will" I tell him. Not tonight, but i can find him pretty easy tomorrow. Or i guess today considering it was like 4am.

"Go to sleep" I say switching off the light and sliding off his lap. I sink beneath the sheets, facing away from him and lying down.

It's a few moments before he moves, long, long moments. He holds me, his arm resting over my stomach pulling me towards him. It would usually be comforting, but in this case he felt distant. He was using me for comfort whilst i was left feeling pushed away and shut out. It hurt more than i could have imagined.

"I'm sorry" Chishiya whispers when things felt most silent

I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing.