chapter 20

"Why did you do that??" I ask my eyes still wide with shock and disbelief

"I don't know" Arisu groans burying his face in his hands.

"You like her don't you?" I ask but i'm more stating than asking

"Of course" He says

"He's liked her for ages" Chouta adds

"Yeah thank you Chouta" Arisu snaps lightly

"Than why would you laugh" Karube asks as confused as the rest of us

"I don't know! She doesn't like me back, so what was I supposed to do. I didn't know she'd be upset" He rambles

"Usagi has liked you since 8th grade" Chishiya states drinking a pepsi cherry. The best flavour obviously.

I look at him kind of shocked that he knew that, he really was freakishly observant.

"Really?" Karube gasps just as shocked as the rest of us.

"So for the past 3 years you decided to say nothing?" Arisu asks slack jaw

"Yes. It was of no benefit to me to tell you" Chishiya says not caring how pissed everyone left around this table was.

"Right anyways" I say before can say anything else that will ultimately aggravate everyone even further "Arisu what's the step forward from here? How are you gonna make things right with Usagi"

"I'm going to wait it out" He says confidently.

"I thought you were supposed to be one of the smartest in the grade Arisu? What is this i'm hearing??" I say completely baffled by his complete obliviousness

"I'll tell her how I feel" Arisu says

"Go" Chouta tells him

"What right now?" He questions

"Right now" I demand

"How did you know for three years?" I ask Chishiya as we return to our dorm

"She's been i love in with him for maybe two and half give it take. But i've been seeing her feelings clearly for just over three" He tells me

"Right but how did you know?" I repeat

"I just know these things Mitchiko, nothing can be hidden from me" He says

"Sure" I say not going to question him any further.

As we pass Niragi's room i hear a fuck ton of screaming, shouting, and cursing to my delight.

A few more days had gone by, Usagi and Arisu were finally officially together. I was happy for them both, but it made me all knotted inside. I couldn't think why, but it bothered me so much. Eventually i realised. I was jealous.

Not of either of them, i was just envious that they'd gotten together so easily. Obviously not so easily i mean it took three years, but that was just because both of them were oblivious and took too long to confess to each other.

Chishiya had told me he liked me, he told me himself. I liked him too, but he still shot me down. In the most painful way possible, he wanted my body but he didn't want me. He claimed he couldn't love me. But wouldn't explain any further what that meant.

After several unmentioned sexual encounters with him, he would become cold towards me. And it was hurting my heart so much, even if i was partially to blame. I told him i could handle just fucking, so i suppose this was on me. He knew i wanted more, and i knew he did too, I couldn't tell what was holding him back.